Lola's nightmare of a trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lola's nightmare of a trip

Lola (formerly known as Kraid) had quite the adventure this past 2 days. What should have been a very simple & routine gecko shipment turned into a freak'n nightmare. I'll save you all the stress that Tony & I went through & give the short version:

The shipper LOST her package due to their inability to scan it, thus making her trip 24 hours longer than it should have been. Luckily she spent those extra 24 hours in Rochester where it was much cooler than it was in Indy. She finally arrived this morning, ALIVE...though a little hot (her core temp was 82). She's cooled down now, so will get more photos later once she's settled & ready for her photoshoot.

Thanks again Tony, hopefully next time will be like all our previous shipment...stress free!

Tony may go grey way before his time due to this shipment.
    Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
    www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
    www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Wow. That is horribly scary. I am glad she made it safe and sound. What a beautiful Garg!
    ~Amber~
    "Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"
    Anyanka's Geckos
    RIP Willow, Darwin, Tara and Chai. I miss and love you all!

Comment

Im so glad she arrived safely!!

Comment

Wow what a story! Glad everything worked out and she is safe and sound. Puts fear in my heart!

Is there any reason why they couldn't scan it? I've often wondered if tape over the label would cause glare or otherwise interfere...
        Specializing in Crested Geckos
        Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
        Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
        Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

Glad she made it. She's beautiful.
          Cloud9reptiles.com
          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Spyral View Post
            Is there any reason why they couldn't scan it? I've often wondered if tape over the label would cause glare or otherwise interfere...
            Government employees. On a serious note, there were some very helpful people at USPS and this sort of thing happens with all carriers. Just glad she's home and will be involved in some nice red projects.
            Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
            ROC Geckos
            Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Comment

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get photos of her fired-up.

Wow what a story! Glad everything worked out and she is safe and sound. Puts fear in my heart!

She was scanned when Tony dropped her off on 3/13, but then no one bothered to scan her again until late last night (30 hours after she was dropped off). That scan stated she was being processed (hadn't even left town yet). Our temps reached 82 yesterday here in Indy & I was freaking out all yesterday thinking she was in a hot truck when she was still in Rochester which was much cooler, thankfully!
              Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
              www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Stunning!! Glad all is well now!
                www.geckohaven.com
                Cin

Comment

Thanks Cin!
                  She's not completely fired-up, but dang!!!!
                  Can't imagine how much more red she'll get.

Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
                  www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Not only her color, but her PATTERN! Just a beauty !!
                    www.geckohaven.com
                    Cin

Comment

I always loved this gargoyle, and I'm so glad she finally made it to you safely. What a nightmare! I would've been worried sick too!
                      My iHerp Page

http://www.facebook.com/TaraLeighsCresties

Comment

It does. A lot of shipping labels that you print tell you not to tape over the barcode in the instructions, for this reason, and I have talked to both the people at my post office and my fedex and ups guys and they've all said not to tape over it.
                        Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
                        :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Comment

There was no tape over any bar code on this package.....so I think it's just people being lazy & not doing their jobs. (It was the shipper's own lable & not one printed from home.)
                          Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
                          www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Close to fully fired, but still not there! Glad she has settled in well for you.
                            Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
                            ROC Geckos
                            Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Comment

she's a beuty, glad she made it safely

Comment

Working...
                              X