Gargoyle Humidity Too High?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gargoyle Humidity Too High?

Hey all, I noticed this morning when I took Theta out for a photo shoot that she seems to have some retained shed on her face and the top of her head. I thought this was a problem associated with low humidity but I've been misting at night and have installed a waterfall to help keep up humidity, which was around 90 to 100% the past few nights. Is it possible the high humidity is causing the retained shed? Should I try keeping things a bit drier?

Here's a decent pic of the problem area

Last edited by beege; 12-10-2011, 08:39 PM.
    1.1.3 Gargoyle Geckos
    3 Ecuadorian Hermit Crabs
    3 Purple Pincher Hermit Crabs

That looks much too wet to me. Gargs do well with 75-85% humidity as a high, for an hour, maybe two but it should drop down soon after that. Getting as low as 50% between misting. The shed could be from the humidity but I have one garg who has prominent horns that always looks like that after a shed. So that could be the issue. I would be more worried about sickness, mold and bacteria growth in that high of humidity.
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Comment

yea its not usually that wet, just got a little spray happy the past couple nights i guess. will let the humidity drop a bit
      1.1.3 Gargoyle Geckos

Comment

turns out it was a bit of loose skin before her shed instead of retained. She looks great now
        1.1.3 Gargoyle Geckos

Comment

Working...
        X