your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your thoughts

I have pair of gargoyles that I want to start breeding but I'm not sure if it's too soon. My male is 40 grams but my female is 60 grams! Is she too big for him? she just keeps getting bigger what do think? should I wait till he gains more weight? or should I pair them up?
    Ryan Kennedy
    Rapture Reptiles

Wow Ryan! What a good question!!
    *Since I'm not breeding gargoyles yet, I won't answer*.

But, I'm curious about this situation too! I would think that she's too big and might really hurt the male... but that is just my guess. I can't believe what a large gargoyle girl you have!! Wow!
    sigpic
    ~ JENN ~
    1 Daughter ~
    1 Chihuahua Cookie
    1.2 Pine Isle Chahouas Shrek Sugar & Spice
    1.2 Cresteds MrGoodbar Lollipop TootsieRoll
    1.0 Gargoyle Wyvern (Living the life at Lunars house with a girl!)

Comment

You can go ahead and breed them. I have a few groups with a 40 gram male and 60-70 gram females.

Thanks Derek
      Derek Dunlop
      DDReptiles
      www.DDReptiles.net
      Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

Alright!! Is that one of mine ryan?? I just set the red stripe male you sent me in with a beautiful red stripe female I got from Limey a while back. That sounds fine to me... the breeding weights that is, I had a smaller male that never had a problem with a female that outweighed him by around 30 grams. She did religeously eat his tail though at the end of every breeding season.Hope all is well.Best wishes w breeding them.
        ~ Cheers,Mandy

www.crestedjunkie.com

Comment

yeah Mandy, it is one of yours! I'm so happy with them, thanks again

thanks everyone for the advise, I'm gonna feed some crickets to the male to fatten him up just a little more then put them together! I'm excited... I really like my gargs
          Ryan Kennedy
          Rapture Reptiles

Comment

I'm glad you like her/ them, I am really excited about my recent pairing as well...thanks to you. Keep us posted and I'll do the same, it'll be cool to see what they all end up producing.

Originally posted by RIKennedy View Post
            yeah Mandy, it is one of yours! I'm so happy with them, thanks again

thanks everyone for the advise, I'm gonna feed some crickets to the male to fatten him up just a little more then put them together! I'm excited... I really like my gargs
            ~ Cheers,Mandy

www.crestedjunkie.com

Comment

Working...
            X