Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cohab mourning and leachie in bioactive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cohab mourning and leachie in bioactive?

Hello everyone. So I've got a little Nuu Ana/Duu Ana leachie female in an 18x18x36 enclosure with a bioactive setup. I've been wanting to add a couple mourning geckos in there for various reasons, and I was wondering how risky it might be to cohab the two species. I've heard/seen a couple people who's leachies are with mourning geckos, but I didn't know if those were rare exceptions.

For context on my individual leachie, she is very picky with live food. She occasionally eats f/t pinkie mice and crickets, but otherwise she refuses to eat any kind of live food I've offered to her. She also is not very cage aggressive at all.

Additionally, with the bioactive setup there are lots of plants and crevices where mourning gecko could hide in. I'd rather the little guys not be munched on, though I wouldn't be too upset if one was eaten only very rarely.

So what do you guys think? Do any of you have personal experience with cohabitating those two species?

I would not trust a leachie with any bite-sized tankmates.
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Agree with Treebiscuit.
      Eileen
      TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
      Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Different species should almost never be cohabbed, especially not in such tiny enclosures that we're able to provide at home. Relatively speaking 18x18x36 is not a lot of space, and so the different species wouldn't be able to get away from each other which will almost certainly cause stress. Also like Treebiscuit mentions, your leachie is almost certainly gonna eat the other geckos, some people even use small lizards as feeders for them.
        --- Correlophus Ciliatus 2.4.0 - Python Regius 1.0 ---

Comment

Additionally, with the bioactive setup there are lots of plants and crevices where mourning gecko could hide in. I'd rather the little guys not be munched on, though I wouldn't be too upset if one was eaten only very rarely.

Comment

I agree with you, I won't trust it neither

Comment

SILVER & WHITE
              perfume by "Mahal Al Musk" is a french perfume for Men and Women. It is recommended for day time and for casual use.

Comment

Working...
              X