How to keep enclosure temperature and humidity at a good level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to keep enclosure temperature and humidity at a good level

Hello! I recently got my very first reptile, which is a gargoyle gecko. I haven't had her for too long (got her March 29, 2020) and she seems to be adjusting well. Shes even eaten!! One thing I notice is that her enclosures temperature only stays from around 75°f and 80°f. I have a ceramic heat emitter that's been turned on since she has been here and I mist the enclosure daily. Does anyone have any tips to help maintain the correct temperature and humidity? Thank you in advance!!!

75-80 is fine for a garg. A little cooler temps in the evening are fine. Daily misting is good, and your humidity should be fine. Do you have a humidity gauge?
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Flukers has a really cheap combo hydrometer and thermometer that shows a daily min and max for both temp and humidity - that might give you a little piece of mind. You said your gecko was new - are you doing paper towels as a substrate? They can be hard to keep the right humidity. You could try throwing a little sphagnum moss in to help keep the humidity more steady.

Comment

Working...
      X