Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My gargs bred in September, my female isn't consistently laying eggs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My gargs bred in September, my female isn't consistently laying eggs.

I paired up my gargoyles in September of 2019, and they bred immediately after I introduced them. She has laid one infertile egg since then; that was on December 12th. I saw them doing the deed, but I'm wondering if they successfully bred. I don't think they did, considering she hasn't laid anything fertile. This is my first time breeding geckos; I'm highly inexperienced. They did start to become aggressive towards each other, so I separated them since.
    Is the inconsistent egg-laying normal? This is also my female's first time breeding.

How old is your female? If not 2 yrs old and not 45 grams of weight, she may not be ready to be bred. otherwise, if she is ready, they probably did not breed successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by ColleenTroi View Post
      How old is your female? If not 2 yrs old and not 45 grams of weight, she may not be ready to be bred. otherwise, if she is ready, they probably did not breed successfully.
      She's a little over 2 years old. She laid her very first infertile egg when she was a little over a year old. She's 65-70 grams.
      Due to the sexual aggression my male displayed, is it worth reintroducing them? Can I do it safely?

Comment

I usually supervise, and never put the female into the male's enclosure. That can cause the males to be overly aggressive. I try it for 5 minutes, and if they get too aggressive, remove one of them and try the next night.

Comment

Working...
        X