scary moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scary moment

today i woke up and went to look in my cresties cage. i couldnt see him so i thought maybe i forgot to put him back in his cage after handling. i started to tear my room apart when i took a glance at the substrate and sure enough he was there , he had buried himself except his back legs and tail. it was a tense moment.
    Josh
    1.0 cresties (zeus)

what substrate do you use?

Comment

jungle earth
      Josh
      1.0 cresties (zeus)

Comment

Lol. Take a closer look at your gecko... I'll bet you it's laughing. Sometimes I swear they do things like that on purpose... just to test your heart. Lol. :lol:
        ~Sarah~
        www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Comment

is jungle earth same as eco earth? oh wait. is jugnle earth the whoel bunch of mixes of stuff liek cypressmulch moss eco earth bark and such? i heard that stuff has rocks in it as well and might cause impaction? but i dont feed my geckos live food so i dont think they will accidently swallow anything by tryign to catch a cricket

Comment

Yeah like Crestedlady said, the gecko was probably laughing his head off looking from a underground eyehole.

Glad you found him though.
            Derek Dunlop
            DDReptiles
            www.DDReptiles.net
            Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

yeah he scared me good, the trickster
              Josh
              1.0 cresties (zeus)

Comment

if it makes you feel any better, my gecko at a 2 months old some how escaped his tank and my mom found him roaming the radiators of my room. he was gone for 6 hours. he could have been anywhere in my room or my house...I have a dog man. well his grandma found him, scooped him up and put him in.

Comment

Sometimes they bury themselves when it's too dry (though sometimes they do it for no reason we know). Check your humidity just in case.
                  3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Lol they are little characters!! Mine freaked me out first month as we couldnít locate him either...had scooted up in a hole in his tree!! Donít ask me why I happened to look under the tree, hadnít even known there was an opening!! Haha!
                    thank you!

happy "mom" of:
                    1 crested gecko
                    6 birds (CAG, tiel, conure, lovie, 2 zebra finches)

Comment

Working...
                    X