Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Gecko laid eggs, HELP!

Hello all,

My Crestie laid eggs at some point within the last week or so, I just found them today. She hasn't been with a male -as far as I know- ever. I got her as a juvenile and she is my only reptile.

As far as I can tell from my poor-man's candling- putting them against my phone's flashlight- they're entirely empty.

Should this be happening if she's never met a male? Should I be taking any specific steps to make sure she recovers from this? Any behavior for me to expect? Will she do it again in the future?

I'm 90% sure the eggs have nothing in them, although i've heard of some self-fertilizing cresties.

I saw her excrete moments ago, so I assume everything is completely out. She's eating as well, and moving just fine.

In short- help! I definitely didn't expect her to randomly lay eggs outta nowhere XD

It's OK! Female cresties lay eggs whether or not they've mated, just like chickens. You don't need to incubate these eggs. Just make sure your gecko is getting adequate calcium and has a lay box handy or is in a bioactive vivarium so that she has a place to dig when she needs to lay, and she'll be fine. (You can provide a small dish of calcium powder for her to lick when she craves it).
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Working...
    X