Breeding and MBD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeding and MBD?

I'm a beginner with keeping cresties, I got my first on October 1, 2018, a buckskin female. I got my second on December 22, 2018, a yellow female. After a bit of reading I decided I would ask my dad for another, but this time I was looking specifically for a male; getting two females had been chance. I got my male on January 20, 2019. Full intent on breeding them eventually and selling the babies. But my yellow female, her name is Hei-Bai, her tail is a lil. . . Odd. About a week or so it looked normal, and now it's got an area where it goes a bit wonky. I'm pretty sure its metabolic bone disease; I increased her calcium and it's already looking a little better, less funky, and it isn't anywhere except her tail. So here's the question: Is she still eligible to breed, or is she immediately disqualified from being a candidate for breeding since she now has damage from MBD?

Once an animal gets MBD it never goes away, it may slow or stop the progression, but it is always there. So in her case, if it truly is MBD, I wouldnt breed her. No reason to possibly put her body through calcium crashes over egg production.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Comment

Working...
    X