Some white sores on Crested gecko head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some white sores on Crested gecko head

A few weeks after I had reorganized my crested geckos terrarium I noticed 2 small white sores above his nose and 1 above each eye.
    my theory is that I left to much open space in the terrarium and he failed on some jumps and hit his head.
    he is in a 18x18x24 exo-terra and is usually fed Pangea or repashy.
    overall he seems healthy and behaves normal.
    tell me what you guys think.

i'll try to get pics

Pictures will really be needed to help identify the problem. Often white patches can either be due to a bad shed, or bacterial infect from keeping the enclosure too wet. But it could also be of other issues. So really a pic is needed
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Comment

https://imgur.com/a/Ma0NjFZ

hopefully that is good enough picture.

(assuming the link worked because I am fairly new to this website)

Comment

Those sure look like scars.

Comment

I agree with Tom, it looks like scars. Is the gecko housed alone? Sometimes these guys will fight without us noticing. Other times they can just have an epic fail and cut their heads
          lets just say I have a lot of stuff
          www.sublimereptiles.com
          Facebook
          BOI

Comment

Agreed -- scars, or at least areas where scales were rubbed off. To me it looks like your gecko was rubbing its head on the mesh at the top of the tank. Does your gecko have any suitable places to hide near the top of its enclosure? Did you ever find it squeezing itself between the top of the background and the lid?
            3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

He's is housed alone, and there is that space between the background and the lid but he seems too big to be able to fit in it. Though he used to try when he was a lot smaller, but I haven't seen him try to since he has gotten bigger.

Comment

If you worry about the opening use some sphag moss to cover it! Best trick I’ve learned for holes in backgrounds!

Comment

Working...
                X