Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple discoloration on my crested geckos foot? Pics provided

Hellloooo!

I rescued this little guy yesterday and boy did he have a rough life. His vivarium was nasty and the water was literally covering the draining layer. Smelled like nasty creek water! Completely cleaned and sanitized with a new draining layer, substrate, background, and material (aside plants). He is also missing a leg sadly idk how it happened, but I also noticed this discoloration on his other front leg. Is that a scar??? He is under weight but that has to do with neglect. He eats like a camp and gets around like a crestie on 4 legs.

https://imgur.com/gallery/hO1NZeV

Good for you for taking this guy in.

I have never seen anything like this. Did the previous owner put any kind of medicine on his leg?
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

So what happened was the owner was going off to college and their parents contacted the reptarium I go too. They said he was a beautiful healthy gecko so someone drove got him brought him back and boom missing a leg, under fed, and what I am thinking a few scars. The foot moves great and there are no signs of puss or opening to the discoloration. Iíve just never seen that coloring on a crestie and thought it was a little odd!

Comment

Itís probably a scar. Hard to tell with the color scheme from the pictures. Would have to see in natural lighting

Comment

It looks like scarring however it is hard to tell with the lighting. Can we get a picture using natural indirect sunlight?
          lets just say I have a lot of stuff
          www.sublimereptiles.com
          Facebook
          BOI

Comment

I haven't seen that before either, but in that lighting, it looks like he might have some other lighter purple coloration as well...but the missing scales do suggest scarring on that leg. I would watch for swelling, or if that spot starts turning black, but if he's otherwise moving around fine and eating well, with a good diet he will probably recover, although he may never have scales in that spot.

I would suggest asking a vet for some meds to put on it, to promote healing (nothing with oil in it!). Thanks for taking him and giving him a much better life!
            Eileen
            TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
            Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Working...
            X