INTRODUCING A PAIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTRODUCING A PAIR

Hey guys! I'm new to this crested gecko forum and I could definitely use some help! Today was the first time I've ever introduced crested geckos. Quite frankly, I'm not sure if I did it properly.
    I've had my harlequin female for about a year & a half now, today I put a male in her enclosure. They're about the same in size. She doesn't seem to be fond of him. As soon as she spotted him, she immediately bit him and started to shake her body & tail. I also heard some vocalization but I'm not sure which it was coming from. The male gave her a couple nibbles as well. I'm not sure if this is some sort of mating ritual? Or if I should split them up. It's only been a couple of hours. They aren't fighting constantly, but it's new territory for me and it's enough to make me ask questions. Open to any advice!! Big thanks in advance.

This is normal however if it continues and gets worse separate them. But I do have a few questions, how much do they both weigh/ Are you intending to keep them together forever or just introducing for the breeding season? How large is his enclosure?
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Comment

Working...
    X