Gecko not eating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gecko not eating?

Hi so Iím a new crested gecko owner and Iíve had him(?) for a little over a week. I havenít noticed him eating at all or have seen any poop in the enclosure. Iíve been feeding him the same Pangea flavor as he was fed at the store and they said he was fed last Saturday the night before I got him. Is he still acclimating because I had a similar experience with my hedgehog or do I need to change something or take him to my vet? (I already checked that they look at cresties)

Sorry I missed this! My first question is how big is your gecko? How big is the enclosure? Whats your temps?

I will add it is normal for geckos to take a while to settle in, some will start eating immediately, others can take a month or so to really get comfortable. If it is a relatively small animal they almost always look like they arent eating because people over feed them so they cant see a difference in the amount of food. One easy way of knowing is if you see feces. Remember ya cant poop if you dont have food in your system
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Comment

Heís in a 12x12x18. His temps range in the 70s and humidity ranges from 60-80. Heís only about 3-4 inches long heís only about 6 months in age. Also I think he might be starting to shed.

Comment

So he is pretty small in a rather large enclosure. Like I had said small geckos can be hard to tell if they are eating or not since their stomachs are so small. Keep him on paper towels and it will be easier to monitor his feces output so then you can rest easier knowing he is eating when you see his little poos
        lets just say I have a lot of stuff
        www.sublimereptiles.com
        Facebook
        BOI

Comment

Originally posted by Sublime Reptiles View Post
          So he is pretty small in a rather large enclosure. Like I had said small geckos can be hard to tell if they are eating or not since their stomachs are so small. Keep him on paper towels and it will be easier to monitor his feces output so then you can rest easier knowing he is eating when you see his little poos
          Alright thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X