Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo and shiro
    replied
    I make sure they go to good homes I've kept in contact with some people who previous bought hatchlings, offer with a care sheet as well and a tub that they can stay in till 10 grams temporarily till there is a full set up made, I'll be posting on the local reptile page for selling these guys once I'm happy with the weight gain.. Plus everyone just weeds themselves out for that they stop replying or never get in touch again last time I had hatchlings from shiro and pip. Even shipping from Toronto to where I live costs a bit. But I'm watching various pages on Facebook already for if or when there ever be a chance, I'm never in much of a rush over it always just looking.
    Talking contrast if it's from fired down to up the one with the most to him would be shiro out of the three, he is just starting to fire in this photo because I woke him and he likes to chase so increasing his cricket feeding, his chin is generally what he looks like sleeping.

But gorgeous gecko in the photo. When ever I actually make money I'll be keeping eye out for males that could or would match oreo well one time.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Treebiscuit
    replied
    I agree with Melissa. There is at least one major breeder here in Toronto (I'm not affiliated with them) and there are probably lots of smaller ones you could find online. It's hard to find good homes for geckos -- make sure that whatever little ones hatch out have as good a chance of being chosen as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Sublime Reptiles
    replied
    It's not easy to find animals locally sometimes, most people look online at breeders to find nice animals. You're in canada and there are a few really good breeders up there, and there are many breeders in the US who will ship up there (but that costs a pretty penny). If you use facebook you will be able to track down Canadian breeders a lot easier, to find a male more fitting for your female. I would look for something more along the lines of this, except male as this is a female lol. But she has that dark look, high contrast, and more pattern on her that people actively look for. But no reason to be in a hurry, if your local market can support lower end animals then I would maybe consider the flame over the dal, but I would say if your local market isn't great, I would hold off on breeding her to your males, wait until you can afford a higher end animal as nice dark high contrast animals sell fairly well online. Click image for larger version

Name:	56669617_10155852356266290_1482742827929567232_o.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1071432

Leave a comment:

• Leo and shiro
    replied
    There is absolutely no male in this town that would suit her well. If there was the original guy sold him off someplace.
    I'd give or take dark male with little over 100 spots last time i was able to count that was over a year ago,I wouldnt know what to say about that. He is almost always fired up so I can never get any major good photos from him anymore, little bastard rather bite me or challenge the dog. But as I said just a possibility I may end up finding a better male at a later date when I can major amount if cash to actually go outside the town to find something as most geckos crested seem to be greens/yellows and the odd colored one rarely any major nice looking ones.
    The muddy orange is actually fired up as usual, fired down is yellow with dark stripes everywhere. Just never seem to get photos of those two unfired during daylight or stay still when I do get a decent chance to snag a photo. Just trying to get any of them to stay still for photos would just be great honestly.
    Only one I go a nice stretched out photo was the female everyone else just either wanted to bite me as usual or try to scale the wall again.

Leave a comment:

• Sublime Reptiles
    replied
    Myself I would pair her to neither. Neither male will add to her attributes. Both will muddy the color down, and likely reduce the amount of pattern in kids she could possibly produce. When pairing geckos you want to ask yourself how can I make something nicer than the parents. What is it that my gecko is lacking that another gecko could improve upon. Your female is decent, I love her contrast. Myself I would pair her up to something more similar to her, but a male with more pattern as that is her downfall. She has nice structure, like I said nice contrast, she just doesnt have a lot of pattern. So rather than settling and producing babies that are of less quality than she is (as she is the nicest out of your 3) I would save up and buy her a nicer male. Also people are weird about spots, for most people it is all or nothing, meaning super dal or clean. And even more have issues with animals with pattern that have dal spots unless they are top quality animals that bring so much more to the table people can get over their few spots.

The other two I would place more into the pet category. The dal has poor structure, not a highly desirable color, and minimal spotting. If he was a super I would say invest in a super dal female with nice structure for him, and one that would be of a more desirable color. But because he has several attributes that pull his quality down, I personally would just keep him as a pet and not breed him.

The last male has better structure but same reasoning for being a pet only. His color appears more muddy than a nice clean yellow or orange, minimal pattern, just your basic flame.

Not trying to discourage you from breeding, but your female is pretty nice and could make some really nice things if you picked a much more suitable male for her.

Leave a comment:

• Leo and shiro
    started a topic Possible pairing in the later future

Possible pairing in the later future

I figured post a possible breeding project later on when I'm a bit more set into place, I've acquired back in Feburary, Oreo whom has had the kindersurprise eggs. But anyways, I've said pair her with shiro, my dalmatian Harley and what ever else he is, stark contrast compared to oreo but turned almost white when he fires down. I figured I'd get some decent Dalmatians of the pair of them as shiro with his previous pairing shot off one dalmatian hatchling every second egg out of ten with a non dalmatian female.
    But my dearest mother says to pair her with Toothles , (?) Brindle male. But I think I prefer to pair her with Shiro at a later time. I would think Toothless and her would throw out some nice colored geckos but I know for sure a 80% chance of what I'll get with Oreo and Shiro as with the first two hatching with one at least appearing with spots I'd get a decent amount of dalmatians which is odd we dont really have many in town even from the breeder I got oreo off of.

Working...
X