Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heyo
    replied
    They look very round not really like those spring tail they are missing the head separation between the body they do look more spidery I will for sure be cleaning out my tank now if anyone else has any thought would love to here possible ideas as to what these are,I have a pathos that's flourishing in here but now I dont know how to put it back in bc its probably the cause of these mites

Leave a comment:

• Bazamore
    replied
    Round and spider like they are possibly mites that aren't good for your pet. They could be a type of spring tails also called Neelipleona or Symphypleona. I wouldn't risk it though either clean up and start over with trusted plants and soil or stick to fake plants and paper towels.

Leave a comment:

• Heyo
    replied
    I changed the second image after realizing I put the same photo twice *facepalm
    Anyway i was thinking the same thing but I just get nervous when random things pop up in my babies tanks, the last thing I want is for these bugs to bother him:/

Leave a comment:

• acpart
    replied
    I can't really tell from the picture, but couldn't they be springtails? I don't find that crested geckos get mite infested on their bodies. Since I've never seen mites on the geckos, I'm not too picky about what bugs are in the soil. They're probably just doing their job with cleanup.

Aliza

Leave a comment:

• Heyo
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190621_222122.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1071423Click image for larger version

Name:	20190621_222122.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1071423

Leave a comment:

• Bazamore
    replied
    Do you have any type of cork bark or any wood at all in the tank? What kind of substrate are you using? The pictures haven't yet come in for this post while i am replying but, I have a bio active viv and I have these little grey/white bugs that are crawling on the wood. I noticed they were also on another part of wood I had in my old cresties tank that wasn't bio. Not once have I seen any on my crested gecko and they haven't seem to bother him so they could just be harmless wood mites. I am still not sure till this day but hey no harm has been done as of yet.

Leave a comment:

• Heyo
    started a topic Crestie viv soil mites

Crestie viv soil mites

Soooo this is the first time I'm on here but I've had my crestie in a 18x18x24 enclosure for almost a year, introduced one plant (pathos) maybe 4 months ago and put some isopods in as well that I cant seem to find anymore (only a couple large ones here and there) and the problem today was that I was looking for some isopods to see if they are still even in there and alive and a couple were spotted but while I was digging around I saw some little bugs maybe mites ? I'm not sure but I feel like nuking the whole tank and just having fake plants and paper towels are these bugs harmful they are very tiny and almost a grayish brown color. Adding some pics.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190621_222023.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	1107319Click image for larger version

Name:	20190621_222054.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1107322
    Last edited by Heyo; 06-23-2019, 12:25 AM. Reason: Adding pic of mites
Working...
X