help please, sudden behaviour change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please, sudden behaviour change

Hi guys, I have a female crested gecko that is about 7 years old, but I've only had her for about 8 months and I have never had a reptile before that. She has Always been asleep during the day and awake at night, I've never ever seen her out of her hiding spot in daylight.
    Today I moved her substrate around, which I do sometimes to avoid it going stagnant, though I haven't done it now for a few weeks and her tank is up for a cleaning too, but I'm waiting for the plantation soil to come in the mail. then I put her pangea in, misted a little and left her with the lights on. This is not new for her.
    I walk back in an hour or so later and she's walking around on the back wall of her tank up by the mesh in full daylight.
    NEVER happened before.
    Im terrified I stirred up some bad shit when I moved the substrate around and she's up there to get better air or something.
    Even when the lights go out and its nighttime, she usually hangs around for quite a while just outside her hide before going anywhere, now she was just straight up active. About two-four hours earlier than usual, in daylight.

Anyone have a clue whats going on or advice what I should do??

My guess is that she was thirsty and needed hydration. Once you misted, she came up onto the sprayed surface and/or to the screen where the water may have been dripping from. You should be spraying the hard surfaces first thing in the morning and right at lights out in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tom View Post
      My guess is that she was thirsty and needed hydration. Once you misted, she came up onto the sprayed surface and/or to the screen where the water may have been dripping from. You should be spraying the hard surfaces first thing in the morning and right at lights out in the evening.
      I always spray morning and night, I just sprayed a little extra now midday bc I had been having the terratiumdoors open and humidity went down a little. Maybe she was thirsty anyways, I don't know she's still out being active, going to places in the tank where I rarely see her.
      If it was anyone else's gecko that I didn't know I'd guess she was looking for insects, but she never does that.

Comment

Working...
      X