Aggressive female

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggressive female

Hi, i've had two crested gecko females for around 2 years and for the first time a couple weeks ago i had to seperate them for one was constantly fighting and being aggressive to the other. Now when i feed that same aggressive gecko or even go anywhere near her vivarium she gets incredibly aggressive. I know she was laying eggs a week or so ago but i've never seen her act like this last time she layed eggs. I have heard male crested geckos can act like this when without their mate, and although i'm pretty sure she's female, is it possible that a female could have the same reaction to suddenly losing their partner they've hard for years. I'm considering moving them back together as usually aggressive spells dont last long but i'm incredibly anxious and confused.

You don't want to house a pair of females because eventually one will dominate over the other. It some rare cases people have done it with no problem but, usually I wouldn't suggest it unless its a mating pair with one male with them. Even then you should always keep an eye on them. The aggressive nature was built by having the other female in the enclosure now you might have to tame her again. I am not sure where you found this info at but I have never heard of it "I have heard male crested geckos can act like this when without their mate, and although i'm pretty sure she's female, is it possible that a female could have the same reaction to suddenly losing their partner they've hard for years." The only instance iv heard of a gecko staying with their mate was Rhacodactylus leachianus because they are picky with their mates. These animals don't get lonely they mate and move on.
    When it comes to eggs if they are infertile I wouldn't see why she would be trying to protect them unless she wants to eat them and she thinks you will be messing with her food. I'd say don't put them back together it will only make it worse. Also you should find out the sex of both before housing together one might be a male and those eggs could have life in them. The fighting could have just been them mating (Males are rough when mating)

Comment

please help

Comment

Originally posted by Bonk View Post
        Hi, i've had two crested gecko females for around 2 years and for the first time a couple weeks ago i had to seperate them for one was constantly fighting and being aggressive to the other. Now when i feed that same aggressive gecko or even go anywhere near her vivarium she gets incredibly aggressive. I know she was laying eggs a week or so ago but i've never seen her act like this last time she layed eggs. I have heard male crested geckos can act like this when without their mate, and although i'm pretty sure she's female, is it possible that a female could have the same reaction to suddenly losing their partner they've hard for years. I'm considering moving them back together as usually aggressive spells dont last long but i'm incredibly anxious and confused.
        If you can leave them separate, I would just keep them that way. Females can be very aggressive to each other. I had one female that required a quick hand to get in to feed her. She was horrible. I have not observed this behavior when separating breeding animals.
        www.geckohaven.com
        Cin

Comment

I had a female go aggressive once she started laying, all season I had to get in and out quick in her tub. Once the season was over a change of scenery made she stop acting like a psycho killer,
          lets just say I have a lot of stuff
          www.sublimereptiles.com
          Facebook
          BOI

Comment

I have one female who goes NUTS after she's laid. She recently attacked me when I went to take her eggs. She's always like that after laying.
            www.GeckoPods.net
            Geckos, pods, feeders and other awesome goodies.

Comment

its just its been a couple weeks now, almost a month and shes still acting crazy

Comment

Working...
              X