Crested Gecko sneezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crested Gecko sneezing

I got a new male crested gecko 5 days ago and today I noticed him sneezing. It happened about 4-5 times in 20 minutes. I have also noticed him opening and closing his mouth repeatedly and sticking his tongue straight out like a snake (not licking eyes)

some other info:
    He is 2 years old
    When I noticed the sneezing I had just taken him to a Herp event so he was exposed to the cold for the short walk to and from the car.
    Also, the person I got him from kept him in a storage bin with holes poked in it and she gave me the bin and so I still have him in that. I wondered could he not be getting enough ventilation with that set up?
    Any ideas on the cause or whether or not I should get him to a vet?

Almost sounds like he has ingested substrate. If the behavior has continued, I think a vet visit would be in order.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Working...
    X