Bioactive or Standard Setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioactive or Standard Setup?

Hello, I am looking into what kind of setup to do. This is my first reptile and want him to have a good home. How hard is a good Bioactive setup to do for a noobie? My current thoughts are that I will do a standard terrarium, fake plants and all, until the future when i am more comfortable owning my first reptile. However, i am still heavily considering both options. Could you lovely people help a poor soul like me? lol

I used bioactive setups from the beginning. They are not hard to do. Go here (http://www.blackjungleterrariumsuppl...101_ep_50.html) to get the basics. Note that you can get the expanded clay balls at hydroponics stores. For plants I have had the most luck with pothos which grows well and is very tolerant.

Aliza

Comment

It's really going to be your preference as to look and how much you want to put into it. I have a brown thumb, and have killed almost every plant I've ever tried to grow. So I use fake plants in my tanks, and paper towel with sphagnum moss on it for substrate. Two of my tanks have Exo Terra Moss Mats (NOT Repti-Carpet), which clean up nicely and have worked well for me. I clean my tanks every 2-3 weeks, and find that it takes me about an hour, which is really not too much work fo rme.
      Eileen
      TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
      Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Working...
      X