I’m clueless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m clueless

Is a 29 gallon tank to big for one adult created gecko? What could be the disadvantages of keeping one in a tank of this size? Is a large kritter keeper ok to keep a crestie in until it’s ready for its adultcage?

I think a 29 gallon tank would marginally be OK for an adult crestie, definitely not too big. I kept my juvenile cresties in 6 qt shoebox size tubs so a large kritter keeper may be fine. Some people felt strongly that a juvenile crestie have enough height (more than the shoeboxes) and I'm not sure how tall the kritter keepers are.

Aliza

Comment

Originally posted by acpart View Post
      I think a 29 gallon tank would marginally be OK for an adult crestie, definitely not too big. I kept my juvenile cresties in 6 qt shoebox size tubs so a large kritter keeper may be fine. Some people felt strongly that a juvenile crestie have enough height (more than the shoeboxes) and I'm not sure how tall the kritter keepers are.

Aliza
      If I were to start off with a kritter keeper to begin with would I eventually have to upgrade to a larger cage before moving it into its adult cage? I don’t think kritter keepers are too big I believe they are 14x8x9inches. How crucial is the growout tank situation could it be detrimental to the geckos well being of it were to outgrown the kritter keeper?

Comment

Working...
      X