Help! what morph is my rescue geckos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! what morph is my rescue geckos

i have four other cresties that i rescued and i rescued this beautiful baby crested gecko from a previous owner recently who had no idea about crested geckos, unfortunately she lost all her front toes in a HORRIBLE shed. but i was wondering what morph she is? and what i should name her? and do you think she will live a perfectly healthy life without her front toes? or even be able to breed in the future? just questions
    Attached Files
    Last edited by reneejamess; 07-22-2018, 11:25 PM.

Hiya,

I don't know much about morphs so I can't help you with that one but I just wanted to thank you for rescuing this gorgeous little baby. It really breaks my heart to see these amazing animals being mistreated.

I don't see any reason why she can't have a perfectly happy and healthy life even though she has lost her toes. Compared to other geckos she may perhaps find it more difficult to cling on leaves, branches etc, but that shouldn't be an issue as long as you accommodate for this when setting up her enclosure.

As for breeding, I don't have a clue. The more experienced forum members may be able to advise you on that
    42 - 0.0.1 Crested Gecko

Comment

Thanks for saving her. It looks like she still has some healing to do, but if she is able to climb and is eating well and putting on some weight, she will probably be fine. She's very pretty, but I don't think I'd breed her for a long time, if at all; she's been through some trauma.

On a side note, are you breeding to sell, or keeping all of the babies? If you are breeding to sell, make sure there is a market for them in your area before you do it. If your morphs are "nice", but not sought after, you may have trouble selling all the babies you would have.

I hope your pretty little girl will be just fine. Most important that she be loved, and I'm sure she will be!
      Last edited by TAD; 07-23-2018, 11:06 PM.
      Eileen
      TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
      Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

i have noticed that it is very hard for her to go on leaves, and most of the time she stays on the floor. what do you think i can do for her enclosure??

Comment

I would add some larger vines that will hold her weight, also maybe some cork flats or tubes that she can climb. I like Reptology Climber Vines as they are thick, sturdy, and can handle humidity.
          https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/...own-ratan.html
          Eileen
          TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
          Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Working...
          X