Wavy tail on my crested gecko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wavy tail on my crested gecko

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me out because my crested gecko tail is wavy it just started about 2 days ago I think it’s dehydration I fed it banana and blueberry squished for a day bc I ran out of food but now I’m feeding it zoo med crested gecko food because My local pet store didn’t have Pangea it is eating that and I mist it’s tank down 2 times a day maybe more Depending if it’s not drinking off the walls but I’ve noticed it’s not drinking off of the walls she will take a lick or 2 off it but that’s it can anyone please help me

A wavy tail can mean MBD. I would try supplying more calcium and do further research. If it continues to progress, I would take it to a vet.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander View Post
      A wavy tail can mean MBD. I would try supplying more calcium and do further research. If it continues to progress, I would take it to a vet.
      ive just noticed it is pregnant and i dont know thats why but now im feeding it pangea with insects and a breeder i know told me just to keep feeding it that. I also noticed when i put it in a sauna a week ago it wont drink out of it but now it is and the tail is getting a bit better and i did do allot more research thats how i found out it is pregnant.
      Thanks for telling me doe

Comment

A wavy tail usually means MBD as stated in above post (metabolic bone disease) from lack of calcium. Can you get Repashy food if you can't get Pangea? The Zoo Med is likely not all that nutritious as a main diet. This guy sounds like he needs more calcium, but you might want to take it to a vet anyway, to have the calcium sacs checked to be sure.
        Eileen
        TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
        Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

ive checked the sacks they are not that small but not too big bc she is pregnant but ive changed to pangea with insects mix and thats what a breeder i know told me to do and after a wile she should be fine i noticed her tail got a bit better bc she just started to drink water a bit more and she eats a bit more than half a water bottle cap of pangea and i give it a sauna so that helps with dehydration. thanks for the helpful tip doe

Comment

Working...
          X