Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red (raw) spot near tip of Crested Gecko's tail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red (raw) spot near tip of Crested Gecko's tail?

Hello! I'm a little worried about my crestie. I've read so many horror stories about stuck shed on the tail, and I just needed an opinion. He had some in the past on his tail tip, but not a ring or anything like that to cut off circulation. He seemed to had gotten it all of days after the start of his shed, with the help of a few saunas. This spot (pictured, & sorry for the bad quality, but that's all he'd let me get) looks red and sort of blotchy. It doesn't look raised or anything, I was just wondering if it was possible that he has rubbed it against something? The front side is perfectly fine, this is just underneath. Should I be worried?

Thank you so much!
    Attached Files

I think it will probably be fine. It looks like a bit of a scrape. Watch for any blood or pus, or if it turns black - those would be danger signs. As is, it looks OK to me.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by TAD View Post
      I think it will probably be fine. It looks like a bit of a scrape. Watch for any blood or pus, or if it turns black - those would be danger signs. As is, it looks OK to me.
      Thank you so much for your response! It's now fading back to its original color, which is a good sign!

Comment

Working...
      X