X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stargazer
    replied
    Originally posted by DeadlyPaws View Post
    It's likely just her personality. As these geckos mature some are more predatory than others. I have one who will bite anything that moves, be it my finger, a pen that is writing something, or a piece of plastic I'm using to transfer him from one tank to the next. Keep in mind these geckos are not domesticated, we are not a friend to them, we are a big scary warm thing that threatens their existence. Some geckos are more tolerant than others of our presence.
    That would make more sense. Thank you for responding so fast!

Leave a comment:

• DeadlyPaws
    replied
    It's likely just her personality. As these geckos mature some are more predatory than others. I have one who will bite anything that moves, be it my finger, a pen that is writing something, or a piece of plastic I'm using to transfer him from one tank to the next. Keep in mind these geckos are not domesticated, we are not a friend to them, we are a big scary warm thing that threatens their existence. Some geckos are more tolerant than others of our presence.

Leave a comment:

• Stargazer
    started a topic Female Crested Gecko Biting

Female Crested Gecko Biting

So Iíve had a female crested gecko for about 7 months or so and she is doing well with feeding. At first she was super shy and timid, now she has started to bite any moving thing including my hand once. Iíve never dropped her and she still has her tail, I figured she was getting frisky and wanted to hunt so I got her a small baby hornworm and my friend who also had a crestie did as well. My crestie, Sunny, immediately ate the worm but my friends took a while. After feeding her the worm she start to hunt anything moving including my hand even after smelling and licking my hand she still bit it and thrashed a little. Iíve never done anything to scare her so I suspected the behavior was from hunting. But even if she smelled and licked my hand then bit it, Iím pretty sure she knew it was my hand. Does anyone know why she could be doing this?
Working...
X