Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long should you let a crested Gecko hunt for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long should you let a crested Gecko hunt for?

I want to feed my juvenile crested gecko insects because I have read about the benefits of doing so. I also read the best way to do it is to put them in
    a small container with a couple insects and paper towel or no substrate. Sometimes it is interested in hunting them and has eaten dubia roaches and small crickets. Usually it takes a while for it to adjust to it's new surroundings and start going after the bugs but a lot of the time it simply has no interest in the bugs. My question is what is a reasonable amount of time to leave the gecko with the bugs before deciding that it's just not into insects this week and putting it back in it's home tank?

Mine will only eat at night, so I put the roaches in a small bowl overnight and remove them in the morning. That way I don't have to move the gecko.

On the weekends when I clean, I've been putting the gecko in a Kritter Keeper for about 2 hours with the roaches. If not eaten, gecko goes back in tank, roaches go back in container.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Working...
    X