Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigLez
    replied
    I managed to find some exo-terra tanks on a huge sale, so i'll be keeping the cresties in kritter keepers until they're ready for those tanks. I've also managed to find a spot in my room where I'll be able to heat both kritter keepers so they'll be warm enough.

Thanks for the the help.

Leave a comment:

• TAD
    replied
    It is a really cool-looking tank, but Orchidilia is right, it might be too big for geckos that small. I'd say keep them in Kritter Keepers until they are bigger (about 10 grams, minimum) and then you could move them into the bigger tank. That also gives you time to fix up the bigger tanks just the way you want them. You mentioned it being cold, so you would need some type of heat source for the little guys while in smaller tubs or Keepers. Do you have one room that is warmer, where you could keep them until they grow big enough to put in the big tanks?

Leave a comment:

• Orchidilia
    replied
    How big is the tank? Geckos that small can just be in a plastic tub or kritter keeper. They will not eat well in a large tank.

Leave a comment:

• BigLez
    replied
    Thanks for the replies! I'm going to take out the top piece of glass and replace it with some acrylic off cuts for a frame around the top and put in a metal mesh screen.

TAD - the two that I'm getting are small ones of about 2-3g rather than adults. They're unfortunately going to need to stay together for a little while until my local pet shop can get another light hood for a second tank.

Leave a comment:

• TAD
    replied
    I was wondering about that too - either the glass might break, or burn the gecko.

Also you mentioned cresties (plural). They are solitary and should not be housed together.

Leave a comment:

• Orchidilia
    replied
    45 might not be strong enough if your room gets that cold. Also I think a lot of the heat would get lost due to being blocked by the glass. There would be less heat traveling deeper into the tank since it would just build up in the glass instead. Also I'd be worried that the top glass would get really hot and could burn your gecko.

Leave a comment:

• BigLez
    started a topic Heating in a fish tank conversion

Heating in a fish tank conversion

Hi everyone

Did a search, but couldn't find anything on the matter. Thinking of doing a fish tank conversion as in the picture (video link below)... Just wanting thoughts on if a 50W ceramic heat emitter placed on the top of the glass will be able to provide enough heat INSIDE the viv. It works for my beardie, but that's through a mesh screen, so I'm uncertain about solid glass.

Temps in my room have been getting close to 15C during the nights so I'm definitely going to need heat when I eventually get the cresties.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crested gecko set up.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1105758

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Cxxi17cGc
Working...
X