Should I get this gecko? $60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get this gecko? $60

I was waiting to get a gecko at an nearby expo but this juvenile make is really really cool and seems pretty healthy and alert. IMG_0405.JPG it is only $60 just want your guys thoughts and opinions

can u put a picture

Comment

Well babies/adults can look 100% different with age so since it's a juvenile, ask what to see a photo of its parents to get a general idea as to how it will turn out,but a crested that cheap? I'd snach it up in a second!
      Sam
      C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
      Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
      Instagram: @sams_exotics

Comment

Oh shoot I thought I put a picture any idea how to do it? But he from petco..that's why I'm asking but he really healthy and stuff and he wouldn't let go of me and when he did he pooped on the lady

Comment

It's up to you. If it seems healthy, alert and has no scars or wounds, then go for it.
          “I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?”-The 11th Doctor.
          1.0.0-Leopard Gecko Ziggy
          1.0.0-Crested Gecko Axel-The Frogman
          0.1.0-Guinea Pig Brownie
          Various insect breeding projects-B.dubia, T. molitor, M. quinquemaculata

Comment

Agreed ^^
            Sam
            C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
            Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
            Instagram: @sams_exotics

Comment

I wouldn't personally pay $60 for a Petco gecko... but if you really like him and he seems healthy, go for it! Since he's a juvenile and Petco doesn't have parent pics, just keep in mind he may change color/pattern.
              2.2.0 Correlophus Ciliatus

Comment

Originally posted by tiny.temple View Post
                Oh shoot I thought I put a picture any idea how to do it? But he from petco..that's why I'm asking but he really healthy and stuff and he wouldn't let go of me and when he did he pooped on the lady
                Look him over really REALLY good. I happen to work at PetSmart and I know the conditions the geckos can be kept in. Find out if it has/had tank mates. Don't listen to anything as far as care goes because Take it from me they are only trying to sell you more stuff to make more money. I sell customers only what they need for a particular species and I'm the most recited in geckos of any kind at my work. So talk to the MOST knowledgeable person there (not the longest working person often can be 2 different people) but find out everything about that Juvie. Whether it's actually a male, how long it's been there, if it has/had tank mates and ask to see them to see how big/small and healthy they are.
                1.2.0 Crested Gecko (Galaxy, Nanner, Haitachi)
                0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Charley)

Business starting in 2017 Awesome Surprises (facebook only atm) breeding Cresties and Gargs! May breed other reptiles and species in the future but for now just going to collect them all!

Comment

I've bought cresties that I couldn't resist from Petco before, and the only one that didn't have health issues was the one that I hatched here from an egg they gave me out of one of their cages. IMO, it's well worth the few extra bucks to buy from someone who takes good care of their animals and has healthy breeding stock.
                  Boston Terrier 1.0, Stetson R.I.P. 8/15/2015.
                  Rough Collie (rescued) 1.0, Teddy
                  Crested Geckos 9.11.12
                  Pine Isle Chahoua 1.0.1 Hunter, Cami
                  Leopard Geckos 1.2 Confetti, Snowdrop, & Beauty
                  Bearded Dragon 1.0 Jayden

Comment

Working...
                  X