do females come in heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do females come in heat?

i just got a new female, she is about a year old. i was holding her the other nite and when i rubbed her back she shook her head and squeaked. i am asking because i have seen them do the same thing when they breed. just wondering if it meant that she was ready to breed.

Crested geckos donot come in and out of heat. they are more than willing all night long. During the colder months they do tend to slow down on egg production a little but that's about it. The noise you heard probablly meant that you just scared here a little.
    -Eli
    "The foulest death is preferable to the cleanest slavery"

Comment

Yeah, I agree, you probably scared her, although I'm suprised you got her in a position long enough to rub her, mine is extremely fast.
      -Chao0104-
      0.0.2 Rhacodactylus cilatus
      If life gives you oranges, make orange juice.If life gives you money, buy a crested gecko.

Comment

one of my females does that when I touch her near her rear end and lower abdominal area... usually she'll only do it when she has recently mated... I think it could very well be a mating response because she will continue doing it as long as I keep touchin her :P lol

no I don't purposely try to get my geckos off hhaaha

Comment

:wink: Right..................
          -Eli
          "The foulest death is preferable to the cleanest slavery"

Comment

no I don't purposely try to get my geckos off hhaaha
            LOL
            0.0.1 Rhacodactylus Auriculatus

Comment

Working...
            X