CGD Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGD Experiment

Hey guys! So I have decided to conduct an experiment to help determine if Black panther color bomb CGD is better than Rapashy super foods CGD. I will be feeding one of my breeder females Rapashy while feeding the other breeder female Black panther. When it comes to breeding crested geckos it takes a lot of energy for a female to lay eggs every month, she will probably end up loosing weight, so I am looking to see what food will help bulk up my females better as well as which food they prefer.At the moment both females are about 38 grams (they layed eggs so they are a little slim right now). So tell me what you think. I will be posting updates throughout this experiment.

I think that that is an interesting experiment. I will definitely be sticking around to see the end results of this.

Comment

Yeah I hope this experiment will help people since I know there has been a struggle with rapashy's latest version

Comment

I've never tried repashy because I don't want to take the chance of my gecko not eating it. I just bought the one that most geckos seem to enjoy more (pangea). Also if I may ask a question, are you going to feed them insects along with the CGD? or just the CGD?

Comment

Well, though it might be more effective to see the difference with no insects I still have to keep the well being of my animals in mind so I will be feeding dusted crickets once a week.

Comment

Well, even if you are feeding crickets, it will still be informative. To keep it as accurate as you possibly can, I recommend feeding them about the same amount of crickets. On an unrelated note, do you know what phoenix worms (black soldier fly larvae) are?

Comment

I don't think that you will get any solid data by doing this. Your test subjects are limited, having potentially different eating habits or preferences, possible different metabolism and or activity levels... I think that all you will.gain is whether the individual animals do okay on the diet they are given. From what I have seen, the best way to use diets, is to use the PFMC as a base diet and mix it with 25% of the other diets every other feeding. It breaks up the flavor redundancy and seems.to keep them interested in feeding more readily. Variety of diet is a good thing, so insects are also a great way to stimulate feeding. Feeding a single diet durring breeding season is probably not the answer. You will only know which is more palatable to your individual animals in the end.

Comment

BPZ diet lacks any vitamin D3. If you only feed BPZ diet to one of them, you will need to supplement vitamin D3 through dusted live feeders. I wonder if once a week would supplement enough though?
                12.18.18 Correlophus Ciliatus
                1.0.0 Eublepharis Macularius

Grim Geckos
                >Instagram<
                >Facebook<

Comment

I am fully aware that this data may not be as scientifically correct. I seem to of worded it wrong when I say I was feeding each food to just one female, I will be feeding each food to three females to help see different preferences. Also BPZ has started adding D3. Apparently most have not noticed this yet.

Comment

I'm with Big Tom on this one... I think the conclusive results are going to be specific to your specimens.
                    Testing on less then 10 geckos of a specie that already has such vast diets, metabolisms, growth rate, GENES, etc. is not going to set any standards for other's geckos.

That being said, the information will be good for you to know. Also** maybe feeding live twice a week is a good idea to get your females away from that 35Gram mark and into the 40's.

Good luck with your experiment.
                    Trevor
                    Grippin Geckos Canada
                    4.7.1⚥? - Correlophus Ciliatus
                    1.1.0⚥? - Mniarogekko Chahoua
                    0.1.1⚥? - Rhacodactylus Auriculatus... and MORE...

http://www.grippingeckos.com/
                    https://www.facebook.com/Grippin-Gec...9775225992793/

Comment

Can you show me where they started adding vitamin D3? I think I'm on their website but I don't see vitamin D3 in the guaranteed analysis or ingredients. I could be on the wrong site though?

Grim Geckos
                      >Instagram<
                      >Facebook<

Comment

Like I stated before, this is not going to be the most scientifically correct experiment. I am mostly doing this test for my OWN collection, if it helps a few people on the way then that will be a plus.

Comment

Also Inquisitive they give you the option to add D3 when you are buying the diet.

Comment

Oh! Ok! Thank you

Grim Geckos
                            >Instagram<
                            >Facebook<

Comment

Working...
                            X