• Show
Clear All

• First crested vivarium build

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1098523My first vivarium build for my crested what do you guys think

Nice you should add some exo terra jungle vines and it will be gourgeous ))

Comment

looks like you've got a very lucky gecko!
      Rimbaud can be found at rimbaud.renton.es - if she feels like it!

Squiggle can be found surveying her kingdom, no website for this one though...

Comment

Yea I bought some vines made by national geographic and they were absolutely horrible held together with
        Zip ties which had sharp edges :0 so I took them out I'll have to check out the Exo terra ones, how long do you recommend I should wait before adding a gecko to this vivarium

Comment

do you have springtails? If you do I think you need to wait longer than if you dont. If its a baby gecko then by the time it could break the plants they should be well rooted so as long as it doesnt smell toxic in there I think it is fine. But if you can, wait like 2 weeks to make sure everything is growing well. I would also get an outlet timer($3 at homedepot), my plants are growing much better now that I have consistent lighting every day. I think Josh's Frogs has some more info about this and possible NERD, it was some new england reptile site.

Comment

I don't have any springtails and my gecko is full grown (41grams), as far as watering plants what would you suggested just misting with a bottle ? I also have a fogget that I made for the tank aswell

Comment

depends on your plants. I have pothos and I was told to mist heavily and they are growing well. I also have a ficus thing thats doing meh, very green. and then I have something very wide leafed thats also growing strong. I can get the real names and the links on jakes frogs later. Basically mist a lot and I poured water in to damp the soil once at the start.

Comment

Thanks for the tip I just took a watering can and water the soil pretty heavily I turned on the dogger for 15 minutes as well

Comment

Make sure the soil dries a bit overnight. If it's soggy I would let it dry more until it's just moist but not dripping. If you have a false bottom that helps a lot.

Comment

Yea the soil Isn't soggy just very Moist I have hydro balls in the bottom, then mesh on top of the hydro balls, and then Eco earth Mixed with top soil on top of that. I opened up the doors on the front of the Exo terra to help let the dirt dry out

Comment

Great info!

Comment

Just and update Well she's in the new viv she seems happy, sorry for the side ways pictures I don't know why my phone does that haha
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1068052

Comment

Working...
                        X