No announcement yet.

Soon to be first time owner, little frustrated and need help setting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the sticks I use in my cages are from outside. Just bake them at a low temperature before putting them in the cage to control any insects or fungi that might be on them.
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Ebay may be helpful as well. You can get anything there, and usually cheaper than in stores. I use it all the time! I just looked and there are tons of different selections of bamboo on there! I bought a Fluker's bend a branch vine on there for my crestie awhile back and it works great, and my crestie loves it!

Comment

I've just started using suction cups like these) from the bathroom section in Walmart to adhere decor in my vivs. They're a little more expensive than basic suction cups, but I like them for the really big sturdy hooks and the ratcheting suction action. I find that they hold on a little better, so you can actually use them as a structural support for, say, the climbing vine or for artificial plants. You might even be able to make a hole in one side of the pipe insulation for the hook and hold it up that way?

Hope this helps, and good luck getting your tank set up!
        3.3.3 Crested geckos (Dirge, Thrust, Cheetor. Hijack, Crita, Quakke. Rung, Blackout, Dragstrip)
        2.0 Domestic shorthair cats (Riffraff, Binx)
        0.1 Australian shepherd/chihuahua mix (Luna)

Comment

Working...
        X