Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Viv

Hi everyone,

I finished my Viv this past weekend. Here are some photos of the process. I did ad more bamboo recently so ill get some photos of that up tonight. Also, how many cresties can i fit in here and do i need more temp hides while the plants grow out? I am being offered 2 babies for 85 or one for 50 and it is tempting but i cant house them together if its two males and i am not going to get another enclosure so I dont think I am going to take the risk.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4517.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1098283

Name:	IMG_4527.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1098284

Name:	IMG_4532.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1098285

Name:	IMG_4534.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1098286

Name:	IMG_4541.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1098287

please give me any advice you can, I wont be offended

sorry if the photos suck,I'll take some good ones tonight

Comment

wow... that looks more like a fun house then a viv ... get some vines as well unless you already have...
      If all you want from life is *Roses* and life gives you Roses... Then how are you going to smell anything else?

Comment

I got hemp string, I'm trying to make my own vines from that and bamboo ledges. If it doesnt work I'll make vines with silicone. Do you think there is sufficient space for two geckos?

Comment

18x18x24 right? should be fine then... although i would quaranteen each one in seperate vivs for up to 3 months (unless they were raised together), just incase of disease etc
          If all you want from life is *Roses* and life gives you Roses... Then how are you going to smell anything else?

Comment

18x18x18
            I would be getting them from the same breeder. I dont have space to quarantine -.- i'm either being really careful or taking risks due to space. once I go back to college and move into my new house there I can get more enclosures.

Comment

how young/old are they? they should be ok in that size for up to 6 months together, then you might want to think about upgrading and as they come from the same person housing them together should be fine

Comment

So this is something I am confused with, I asked the lady about them originally she said they were 2 weeks and not old enough to sell so the one she would sell is about 2 months old. yesterday(2 weeks after my first inquiry) she offered to sell the other two and said they were all the same size. I'm starting to doubt the quality/reality of this breeder. I am trying to get more photos from her before I even meet her, which is supposed to be tomorrow. It will all be done in person so if I see the gecko is not what was in the photo I wont take it. I'm also looking for other option in case this falls through. There is a reptile show on the 12 of july, but i'm impatient lol.

Comment

hahaha... lizards (especially cresteds) are cutness overload i agree... but understand you are doing the right thing by holding out and going to see them... if they DO appear different from advertised DO NOT take them and also report her... If you have to, please hold out as long as you can, you don't want to take them and find out they were not aged as advertised... also check them over for any defects/illness... once you purchase them you will have no chance of a *come back*

Comment

Yeah, Ive been really careful with all my animals. One of my recent leos started having running poops and its worrying me. There is a good chance it is new water, food, and vitamin powders that are affecting her. the other female from the same breeder is fine so im not going to a vet just yet. As long as my other leos dont start having symptoms I think I can handle it with home remedies. So yeah, after this I became even more paranoid of buying from small breeders.

If i were to make a completely custom viv what would be good dimensions? 18x18x24 is an exo standard but not necessarily the best size for cresties right?

My very first gecko was a crestie and I got it from petco (I had no idea what I was doing, I was foolish and misinformed. I thought the workers knew what they were talking about) and within a week it escaped and I later found it dead. It was devastating and I blamed myself for not researching enough, so now I have been over researching and trying to actually learn how to do my own medical exams. So this crested gecko is a big deal and very important for me to do right. Since then ive learned a lot so Im trying to make sure everything is perfect for it when I get it home

Comment

sorry.... no knowledge about custom builds... and i don't know if *Celqis* is still active here but maybe you should pm him about customs (tell him i sent you) he had a nice thread on one he built from scratch but i can't seem to find it

Comment

Working...
                      X