Exo Terra's 18x18x18 vs 18x18x24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exo Terra's 18x18x18 vs 18x18x24

Is there any pros and cons to having 18" H vs 24"H for one gecko? I can't decide which I want.

Most likely my crestie is a male, I am not sure, so it'll most likely be alone. I'm not sure if 24"H would be too much space, or not? I am planning on soil substrate with live plants, so that'll take up a few more inches of space there.

18×18×24 i use 2 of them an rotate my geckos around. Im able to do this only because I dont use live plantes. Me myself the con is i dont like the doors dont seem right in my opinion. I would start out smaller if your unsure of the sex. But you can build your tankan get it astablished an oncecyour gecko is older or of size then move it in your live tank.
    Crested geckos 4:5:15
    Chewie. 0:1:1

http://www.facebook.com/cjgeckos

Comment

thanks! I'm leaning towards the 24"H one, even if its just for one gecko. I don't want more than one habitat in my place. I just wanted opinions!

My gecko is estimated about 4 months old per the store. And he's pretty big for a 4 month old. I've only had him for a few days so I haven't gotten the chance to check the gender yet.

Comment

At 4 months old its going to be hard to tell gender, if you can weigh him/her it can help. Some males are late bloomers on there man parts. An at you months a med tub would be good until around 20 or so grams. Just want to make sure its eating an going to the bathroom well.
        Crested geckos 4:5:15
        Chewie. 0:1:1

http://www.facebook.com/cjgeckos

Comment

I have a exo terra terrarium 45x45x60 and is pretty big for a gecko ....i wNt to buy a male gecko and a exo terra 30x30x45 (cm) terrarium just to see how good he will feel ....

Comment

I think it's always reasonable to go for more space. A small gecko can be housed in a smaller container for a while, but adult geckos like to roam around. It's good for them to be able to engage in natural behaviours like running and jumping.
            3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

This guy is all over the place in his 10 gal tank. I think he would be happier in something bigger at this time. every time I look in the tank after lights out, he's elsewhere!

I decided on the 24" tall rainforest kit (I didn't like the mask sculptures in the other tank). By the time it comes in, and I can set it up the way I like it, he should be ready to move from the 10 gal to the bigger home.

Comment

In my oppinion crested geckoin in 30x30x45 cm terrarium and m chahoua in a 45x45x60..... But that's me ))

Comment

12" doesn't give a whole lot of room to decorate, IMO. I don't want it to be too cramped inside either

Comment

I haven a 18cube. I just decorated and built a bunch of stuff with foam so if you want to look at my thread you can see how much space there is left. I with I had a little bit more high, but only maybe an inch or two. More for aesthetics really. Also, if you put down the who false bottom and abg it takes up a lot of space

Comment

Working...
                    X