Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham Barnfield
    replied
    if bio drain is the *balls*??? then just layer them in the viv first (about an inch high) then cut your mesh to size and lay over the balls... then your substrate and moss... the your live plants and springtails and isopods then you are fully BA

Leave a comment:

• Poundcub
    replied
    Oh also in regards to BA,I do actually have bio drain and an exoterra mesh, but wasent quite sure how to use them. I got it because I was interested in making a tiny waterfall but lost the inspiration for it. Am I o the right track to becoming BA? is the biodrain a correct non decorative substrate? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Poundcub
    replied
    Thanks for all the help so far guys! Might make a new thread if I don't get a reply here but I was wondering how yall support flexible vines you put into a viv
    ATM I was able to position them so they're wrapped around decorations, but this makes cleaning a real complicated task. How often should I do a full replacement of the coco as well? dunno if im using too much either but it seems like a full brick is just about right to give about 6inches deep.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Barnfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Salmon View Post
    I still say paper towel is the best substrate for new owners, and even for long time owners. Cheap, easy to clean, easy to tell if they are pooping and other waste, which tells you if they are eating.

Not a good picture of the viv, but looks good from what I can see.

Good luck. This place has a whole lot of information for new owners so just look around and you'll find what you need to know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

exactly my point... on here just over a week myself and i am already knowing quite a bit (just hope i can put in practise when i get the little guy home next week )

Leave a comment:

• Salmon
    replied
    I still say paper towel is the best substrate for new owners, and even for long time owners. Cheap, easy to clean, easy to tell if they are pooping and other waste, which tells you if they are eating.

Not a good picture of the viv, but looks good from what I can see.

Good luck. This place has a whole lot of information for new owners so just look around and you'll find what you need to know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Graham Barnfield
    replied
    go bio active ... spring tails and tropical lice help with this, ask your pet/reptile shop, glad to help

oh and the more hiding spots (plants, live/fake) hides and corl hollows (they love cork) the better, but maybe not whilr you are trying to get it used to you

and with great knowledge comes great responsability (or something like that) but seriously man... reasearch, research, reaserch

EDIT: you can go as low as 50% humidity, but no lower

Leave a comment:

• Poundcub
    replied
    Wow, seems like you know a lot lol, but thanks for the tips, It seems like im doing everything all right then.
    Got the Lil' dude for $30 and Ive got a separate terrarium with a king snake, but always wanted some sort of neat tropical viv.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Barnfield
    replied
    viv looks fine... got coco substraite? it is one of the best... if you feed live food, recommended is 2-3 times a week gutloaded and dusted with calcium... most poeple do it 2-3 times a month though because they can get addicted and wont eat the CGD that well...

with the handling, if he/she runs from you when you try to get it out, then just rest you hand in the viv near it, but dont push the situation... it can take a few days/weeks...

Also be careful with handling (once he/she lets you pick it up), no more than 15 mins a day as any small flux in body temp can be dangerous for it... and welcome to the forum, (i don't know much myself, only what i have learnd here and online)

also mist 2-3 times a day (3 if its only a few months old or less) keep it at room temp (18.5-24 C, don't know the F equivalent) have the humidity at a medium of 60-75% but it can be higher, but make sure it has time to dry out (over night drying is best]

Leave a comment:

• Poundcub
    started a topic New Crested Owner!

New Crested Owner!

Hello! I'm a new cresty owner and also a new forum member. I'm here to hopefully learn more about these fascinating creatures, and maybe get some weigh in on anything that I might be doing wrong.
    Id like to know if the decoration in the terrarium I'm using are suitable or not, also im looking for some insight into getting my gecko to like me, or at least not want to run away whenever I try to handle him. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Heres some photos!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20150424_130617.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1098237

Name:	20150424_130623.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1098238

Sorry the photo is sideways :/