Question about my gecko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my gecko

first question I was wondering if anyone could help me identify what morph she is. Also this is only my fourth day with her ( Thursday ). I'm wondering way her skin looks. The store owner said she's going to shed. But shouldn't the shed started ? I keep humidity at 80% about never below 75%. I'm having issues getting temp up but I have a lamp that is coming today with small wattage told should get 75-80 easy. Very tiny but she's not very old. Pet store owner gonna get exact details for me age etc. but I been told by others she looks healthy. Only day four night one she ate right away. Tonight she was like Tarzan gecko. If anyone could give some advice and maybe what morph she is. They had her with couple other red crested geckos but she looked nothing like them. Thanks everyone. Sorry if this wrong forum I didn't know if should posted here or in morph colors section. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1098166Click image for larger version

Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1098167Click image for larger version

Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1098168Click image for larger version

Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1098169Click image for larger version

Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1098170

Hey! Your crestie looks like a flame or a harlequin with a reduced amount of pattern. Your gecko also looks very healthy. Try to give your gecko a rough surface for it to start shedding properly. Your gecko also might have already shed without you knowing and ate it. Most cresties eat their shed. When cresties colors are dull and are a light gray color that means they are going into shed. I hope this helped.

Comment

Right now your crestie is very young, and their colour often changes dramatically as they grow. I have one who started out the same colour as yours, now she's a he, and his brown has darkened to nearly black, and the parts that used to be orange are nearly white. So don't be too worried about morph just yet, he/she may surprise you in a few months!

Comment

You don't want your humidity always at 80%. You want a dry period in between misting's otherwise you will get mold.

Comment

You will also have shed issues and they can get ill. I mist at night and let them dry out all day
          5.6.1 Crested geckos
          1.1.0 leos
          1.0.0 Gargoyle

Comment

Thanks I'll do that let dry out just mist night what would be like a alarming level?

Comment

When i first take my girl (1 year ago) i was just like you worring about humidity, about food and evrything else. You should mist once befor you go to sleep 22:00 23:00 one heavy mist and once when you wake up some water there for the rest of the day. Second: i never put a dish of water into terrarium because you must change it ecry day. Afther i mist she just lick the glass and plants to drink water. My humidity during day can and it.s sometimes drop at 40% but there.s no prob.....geckos will find a chill place to rest...

Comment

I keep water in my terrariums all the time. I just dump the old water directly into the soil, quick rinse with the spray bottle and re-fill. It gives me peace of mind because I live in a very dry area, and my vet suggested giving them water to soak in if they choose.
                Specializing in Crested Geckos
                Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
                Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
                Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

Thanks everyone for feedback. I don't mind taking care of water dish changing and cleaning it. Her skin seems be getting more grey in a lot of areas and getting lose more. I reached out for help in lot of places because being paranoid newb to owning gecko I worry a lot. I took advice on humidity thing. But other thing worrying about is her tail sticking up when she's upside down. Different sources and community's I've looked into said its not to uncommon when she feels stressed or startled young young geckos may stick it up just because being stress startled. Is this true I don't want her end up with fts . Was also told that if she was ill or dehydrated she wouldn't be running all over tank all night long and wouldn't run from me so fast, I tried pick her up check get pads and I've never seen her run that fast. So is this true about her gray color meaning shed and her activity level and any advice on tail situation much appreciated.

Comment

There's a lot of misinformation out there. If you mean when she hangs upside down on glass her tail flops forward - that is an early sign and possible cause of Floppy Tail Syndrome (FTS). Keep her from doing that by re-arranging the tank. I don't feel it is related to stress, if anything it could mean she is relaxed. If you mean she holds her tail up when standing on a horizontal surface, it could mean she is alert or stressed. In my experience some geckos just hold their tails in funny positions sometimes.

A sick crestie can still run around and struggle if they aren't at death's door. A hot, dehydrated gecko could definitely over-exert itself trying to cool down and find water. Grey coloration could just mean she's fired down. Loose skin can be from dehydration or weight loss, but it could just be normal for her.
                    Specializing in Crested Geckos
                    Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
                    Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
                    Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X