Female?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female?

I can't tell but I am thinking female? Pet store said male- and about 3 months old. No idea what he weighs as I don't have a scale that measures in grams. Too soon to tell maybe?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1098165

I think I can see pores. So I'm thinking male

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks I couldn't tell but now that I looked in my computer, i think I can see pores too. Couldn't see it on my phone where I took the photo

Comment

The gecko is too young to tell what gender it is so you will have to wait 5-6 months to really tell.

Comment

+1 I bought a "female" from a breeder who assured me they knew what they were doing. Guess who dropped his package a couple of months later?

Comment

You can sex crested geckos fairly early on if you have a jeweler's loupe or something like it. Typically after a couple months you can noticeably see pores in males. I've never had an issue sexing geckos this way. I ordered a probable female from a breeder once and use my loupe to determine it was a male pretty early on. I thought maybe I was just seeing things and a few months later it was pretty obvious she was a he. So I know this method works, I can't really say for sure that the OP's gecko is a male, but I can say it seems to have pores, but I can't say 100% without looking at it in person

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks male and I think you have some stuck shed on the feet pads.
              5.6.1 Crested geckos
              1.1.0 leos
              1.0.0 Gargoyle

Comment

Working...
              X