No announcement yet.

Black spikes? Skin Infection? Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black spikes? Skin Infection? Pictures.

Hi Guys,

I recently switched my crested into a vivarium with live plants. I noticed that an area on the back of his neck looks blacker than I remember. I'm wondering if he has picked up some infection from the increase in humidity and if so how to treat it?

Any information you can provide me would be much appreciated.

I've included some pictures to help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1098163

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2889.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	1098164

have you tride wiping it to see if its dirt or a smudge?
    If all you want from life is *Roses* and life gives you Roses... Then how are you going to smell anything else?

Comment

Graham, yeah it's been there for weeks and I'd assume any dirt would have come off in that time. Plus its on his spikes. Have you seen any crested skin infections that are black? Could it be mold?

Comment

i don't know, i'm a novice (get my first in 2 wks) i was just supposing , if you are worried take to the vet
        If all you want from life is *Roses* and life gives you Roses... Then how are you going to smell anything else?

Comment

Doesn't look like anything concerning. Could be dirt or his spikes could just be that colour, if he's still growing then his colours are still changing. If he's an adult then it could just be discolouration.. I have seen others with the same sort of thing.
          1.1.6 Crested geckos
          -Alduin-
          -Gidget-
          -Meriadoc--Peregrin--Setsuna--Hotaru--Siren--Naiad-

Comment

Its the coloration of his scales. I have a female with that on her neck down to her back.
            Crested geckos 4:5:15
            Chewie. 0:1:1

http://www.facebook.com/cjgeckos

Comment

Working...
            X