No announcement yet.

Housing Xilas (almost time :D )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update: I have checked the results of the *dry run* this morning... and everything looks normal??? (hygrometer reads 54% temp reads 23C (thats 73 farenheit, JUST under the requried minimum... is this ok? I can make it hotter if needed of course i have underfloor heating)

And thank you for everything guys
    If all you want from life is *Roses* and life gives you Roses... Then how are you going to smell anything else?

Comment

hi guys... 2 updates:

1... i think the analouge therm and Hygrometers are broken??? Basically i have kept it going today as well... came back home just now, the temp will not rise above 23 (celsius) and the humidity wont go above 51%... Is this bad? or in the safe levels (Xilas is not with me yet, its just a dry run)

2... a bit annoyed that the reptile house won't let me take him for another 2 weeks, although i can understand this, it is a bit annoying because i have read (and even most of you guys seem to say) that i can take him now... but i guess its down to his current owners really?
      If all you want from life is *Roses* and life gives you Roses... Then how are you going to smell anything else?

Comment

The cheap hydrometers and thermometers aren't very reliable. I recommend buying a digital or more expensive set.The tank should dry out during the humidity cycle as otherwise you'll get mold.

Comment

Sorry, i created a new post about this itself (you can see it near the top) sorry for any inconvenience guys

But thank you

Comment

Do we not have a *delete thread* option like most forums? (i think this thread should be closed now?) thank you

Comment

Nobody is gonna hate you Granham! What you're doing is perfectly fine! Just make sure that you have whatever crested gecko diet you are gonna feed your gecko ready in hand! Your gecko is gonna be happy living inside the enclosure you've set up. What I would recommend is you get either a toilet paper roll or the roll from paper towels and cut it in half. Geckos love to hide in rolls as it makes them feel safe. You'd be giving him many options to choose from to feel comfortable!

Comment

yes i was thinking that for his viv (cork can be quite expensive i have seen) but as i say, bit by bit

and thanks for the confidence

Comment

It can be expensive! It's just funny something as inexpensive and simple can go a long way for them. I use paper rolls in all my enclosures for hatchlings to breeders to just pets that I don't plan on breeding and a lot of the time I can find them hidden inside these things! I have a couple KK that were given to me with cresties and I just use smaller paper rolls for those enclosures. Doesn't look natural in a nice viv but you can just cover them in plants and your gecko will still find its way inside.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X