• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A true rescue and survival story!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1098143A true rescue and survival story! I rescued this awesome crested gecko from someone who was just not caring for him properly around three weeks ago. When we drove him home and brought his enclosure inside we noticed he had escaped . Needless to say we were devastated and we had to tell my daughter he died because we had no idea where he was and it was late at night so we couldn't find him anywhere outside! She was very sad she even named him Prince Phillip (feudem as she pronounces it, she's only 3) We also left the windows cracked open when we were at Walmart so we assumed maybe someone stole him. Well turns out he had been in our neighborhood the ENTIRE three weeks surviving lawn mowers, birds, dogs, other animals and cold temperatures. I think the lowest it got was 35 degrees at night. I found a lost and found post of a gecko they found in their backyard and low and behold there he is! He is in a hospital tank with food and water and I will be monitoring this guy closely but needless to say he's one tough son of a gun. I think we are going to have to keep him.
    Rhacodactylus ciliatus 5.6.12
    Rhacodactylus auriculatus 1.2.0
    http://facebook.com/rhacabybabygeckos

wow, that is deffinately amazing and something to tell the grandkids lol... but seriously, i also think you SHOULD keep him... he survived all that, and someone even put up a note when they could have easily claimed him for them self...

keep him... it is your destiny

and he is beautiful
    If all you want from life is *Roses* and life gives you Roses... Then how are you going to smell anything else?

Comment

What's even more amazing is he still has his tail!!!

Comment

i'm more interested to know how you convinced you daughter that he came back from the grave?
        If all you want from life is *Roses* and life gives you Roses... Then how are you going to smell anything else?

Comment

Yeah she is only 3 I don't think she gets the concept of how final death is. This should make it even more confusing lol. He is beautiful e is definitely ours forever! What a champ!
          Last edited by ewstokes; 06-08-2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

This is awesome!!!!
            1.0.0 corn snake (Slinky); 2.0.0 ball python (Tank, fostering Pepper); 0.1.0 albino western hognose (Pippin); 0.0.1 California king snake (fostering Angry Noodle); 1.1.1 crested geckos (Rusty, Surprise); 1.0.0 bearded dragon (Smaug); 0.0.1 gargoyle gecko (Bowtie)

RIP Tripod, Mint 'n' Chip, and Jaws, my loves

Comment

Amazing story. I think you should keep him too and give him some treats.

Comment

I just found your face book page and saw this guy again. Truly amazing.
                Currently have 4 fertile eggs and 2 adults.
                Picture is my male and female cuddling in a paper towel roll.

Comment

What a great story! These animals are, obviously, much more hardy than we give them credit for.

It's good to hear that your neighbors had the courtesy to post the lost and found ad.

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                  X