crested gecko food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crested gecko food

Hi!! I am new... I just got my first crested today. Her name is Saoirse even though we're not sure if she's a boy or a girl yet.

My question is about CGD food. Is the Pangea Fruit Mix a complete meal for a gecko or just a fruit supplement?

Probably will have more questions to come, but that's one of them.

Thanks,
    Caitlin

Pangea is a complete meal/diet for crested geckos. It's better to supplement with live insects as well.

Comment

Thanks! I bought some tiny crickets for her but I forget... do I feed her on the first day or wait a bit?

C

Comment

Feed her crickets every other day, and pangea every other day with a break:
        Monday - Crickets (only 2-3)
        Tuesday - Pangea
        Wednesday - Break
        Thursday - Crickets
        Friday - Pangea
        Saturday - Crickets
        Sunday - Pangea

Rinse and Repeat.
        Cresty - 0.1.0. Red Bicolour - Celqis

Comment

Don't forget to dust the crickets with calcium evry time wheb you gave her ...and once per week dust the crickets with calcium with d3.

Comment

Should I feed her crickets now which would involve taking her out of her cage before she may be ready to be handled or wait a little bit for the pangea food to arrive?

Thanks for the help

Comment

Well when will arrive?

Comment

a few days... I expedited the order

Comment

tbh i would just leave her in her KK Tub and feed her in there. no need to take her out of her habitat to feed her as long as you've got paper towel down so she can easily spot her live food.

If she doesnt come with a fairly sized tub then i suggest getting a KK tub (Kritter Keeper - like a little tubaware tub with vented holes in the top)

Put her in and begin feeding No need to Wait for the pangea.
                  Cresty - 0.1.0. Red Bicolour - Celqis

Comment

OK cool thank you. i'll see if I can get my hands on some crested gecko food at the local pet store but if not i'll feed her tomorrow i guess

Comment

I dont want the crickets to get lost in the foliage. hmmm. i guess its the best bet though

Comment

She/he will find the crickets don't worry.
                        Crested geckos 4:5:15
                        Chewie. 0:1:1

http://www.facebook.com/cjgeckos

Comment

I generally try to avoid leaving live foods in the tank for a couple of reasons. One, they can stress out the gecko if she's not interested in eating them - especially when new. Some crickets can bite pretty hard. After an hour or so they lose their supplementation (calcium dust) and longer term their gutload is processed and excreted, making them a less nutritious food. They also tend to die and foul the the enclosure, especially in water (why do the crickets always go for the water dish?) or in the case of roaches, they can hide pretty well even with just paper towel.

Tong feeding is best or leaving a shallow bowl of Phoenix worms (Black Soldier Fly larvae).

If you must leave live food in overnight, be sure to add a food source like a slice of carrot that they will feed on instead of bothering the gecko.
                          Specializing in Crested Geckos
                          Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
                          Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
                          Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

Thanks for the help. I took her out into a box and fed her some crickets. And removed them from her cage.

Comment

Yea me too....i take her to another tank ...where i dust crickets and afther put her....is the easy way

Comment

Working...
                              X