Drinking from a bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking from a bowl

Hey, so how do I get my crested gecko to drink from his water bowl? Humidity is not an issue at all without spraying as its constantly at 80 regardless. Everytime inspray the tank he drinks but i would like to have to spray much less. Hes about 7-12 months old, im not sure.

Spray less and if he needs to he should use the bowl. Just monitor him and make.sure he stays hydrated. Mine seem to prefer licking the droplets and don't use the bowl too often.

Comment

Also putting a leaf in the bowl will help them notice the water.
      Currently have 4 fertile eggs and 2 adults.
      Picture is my male and female cuddling in a paper towel roll.

Comment

Can I ask why you want to spray less?
        3.3.3 Crested geckos (Dirge, Thrust, Cheetor. Hijack, Crita, Quakke. Rung, Blackout, Dragstrip)
        2.0 Domestic shorthair cats (Riffraff, Binx)
        0.1 Australian shepherd/chihuahua mix (Luna)

Comment

He wants to spray less cause the furnace won't be in use because it's warmer out which means high humidity will naturally be present. Either that or he lives in an area where weather is good all year round and high humidity is always there. The op obviously doesn't live in a dry climate area like the desert (Arizona, Texas, parts of Cali etc)

I hear putting a leaf in a water bowl works because they identify leaves with drinking (water droplets). Until you see him fully using the water bowl I would still spray a little bit just to ensure he's drinking.

Just don't forget to start spraying normally again when the weather changes and the furnace is kicking.

Let us know how he progresses with the leaf in a water bowl technique

Comment

Hey everyone thanks for your advice! Ill try that technique. Also Nellasaur, 321 chuck pretty much answered that question, as i said humidity isnt a problem regardless of weather or not i spray and id like to only have to do it once every day or every two days and also that wasnt really my inital post either so no you may not ask...

Comment

Honestly if you're living somewhere with high humidity you probably only need to be spraying once a day anyway, especially since you've already got that water bowl available. As long as you monitor your gecko for a while to make sure he's staying hydrated after making the change, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to reduce your misting right now. Remember that just because you don't see him using his water bowl doesn't mean he isn't.
              3.3.3 Crested geckos (Dirge, Thrust, Cheetor. Hijack, Crita, Quakke. Rung, Blackout, Dragstrip)
              2.0 Domestic shorthair cats (Riffraff, Binx)
              0.1 Australian shepherd/chihuahua mix (Luna)

Comment

Working...
              X