Weird new habit - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird new habit - help!

Hi there, I'm concerned about my crestie.

She has been eating/drinking fine, but has lessened interest in food (even crickets) while developing this habit.
    Starting a few days ago, she ALWAYS sleeps under the reptile carpet, on the glass bottom of the tank. Unless I am out of the room with no lights on at night, THEN she will come out. Otherwise, when I try to put her on her decor, she just hops back down and buries under the carpet. This is not like her, as she usually was higher up at night.

This habit started suddenly when temps got cold for a couple of days - around 68. Now it is in the higher 70s and I expected her to be her old self with no luck.

What does this mean? I have provided a laybox for her if she needs to lay dud eggs, and shes been in it, but nothing.
    Humidity is fine. I always provide fresh CGD each night. I saw a little bit of it eaten last night, but that's it.

Any experiences with this? Advice? I just want to make sure she's ok. Thank you!
    1.1.0.Correlophus ciliatus - Crested Geckos -"Ori" and "Zaley".
    Your wings were ready, my heart was not. Rest in peace, Summer. 08/26/13 - 05/16/17
    0.1.0 Phodopus roborovskii - Roborovski Hamster - "Penelope"

She might have just found herself a new favorite sleeping spot. My cresties go through phases where they bury themselves in the papertowel at the bottom of their cages, this is probably no different. Just in case, are there any new things happening around that she may be more frightened by? Also, has your humidity been different? She may be trying to get into a more humid spot.

Also, lower temperatures mean slower cresties with slower metabolisms. That makes sense with her not being as interested in eating. With your temps back up she should probably get back to normal soon if this was the case.

Keep us updated!
    Last edited by Kris Anderson; 05-25-2015, 03:22 AM. Reason: More info
    4.2.4.1.1 Crested Geckos: Lutta , Ghile , Namara , Nyne , Faol├ín 🌈 😇 , Kalyer , Butterworth Hatchlings: Rooster, Ducky, Sparrow

Comment

Humidity has been similar, I mist once in the morning when I wake up, and once more heavily at night, with the dry period getting back down to about 55%.
      You are probably right about the temperature. Now that it's been warmer, she is out more regularly. Though she still likes the carpet, I caught her sleeping up on a vine today. Progress! Haha.

Either way, she has been eating and drinking well lately, so I don't think there's much to worry about. Thanks for your help!
      1.1.0.Correlophus ciliatus - Crested Geckos -"Ori" and "Zaley".
      Your wings were ready, my heart was not. Rest in peace, Summer. 08/26/13 - 05/16/17
      0.1.0 Phodopus roborovskii - Roborovski Hamster - "Penelope"

Comment

Working...
      X