still no eggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still no eggs?

So I got this female a few weeks ago. And she's about 6 years old. Proven breeder. Well I still have NO eggs from her. She gets Clark's GD and calcium dusted wax worms the odd time and some dusted crickets. I've tried to pair her with my male and just aggression. She hasn't even dug out an area yet. She's staying between 46-48 grams depending on how much she's been eating. She's getting wider and there is a little bit of a spot on her stomach that when I run my finger over it I think its two eggs but I don't know. Is this normal. She is house alone and so is the male. She does everything fine. Just no eggs.
    Last edited by crestedcanadians; 05-24-2015, 11:33 PM.
    Currently have 4 fertile eggs and 2 adults.
    Picture is my male and female cuddling in a paper towel roll.

Please guys.

Comment

A few weeks doesn't guarantee eggs and don't feed wax worms. I think you are expecting too much too soon. Breeding can look like agression sometimes if you are not well versed in crested geckos.

Comment

I got her at the beginning of February. So four months ago I guess. I don't feed a lot of wax worms. I know they're bad. Its just a treat once or twice a year. I just really don't want to have her stop laying the year I got her. Don't get me wrong they're great companions, but I really like the idea and work that comes along with breeding. Anything to do with animals I love. I also just wanted to make sure she wasn't egg bound or anything.

Comment

If the pair is not together and you said that there is only agression, I would assume that they haven't bred, so there is no real reason to expect fetile eggs other than possible sperm retention. is there a reason why you would expect eggs?

Comment

I don't think she is egg bound. They should stop laying for several months out of the year.

Comment

She hasn't bred for a while is what the former owner said. I believe a few seasons. I don't want to house them together because I'm at school and am concerned about their health. Do you think they'd be okay? The male is around 32 grams.

Comment

The male is a bit small to house them together. Since you are experiencing agression, I would advise against it until he is closer to 40 grams. She should also be more receptive to breeding when he is a little bigger. Every girl is a little different when it comes to young or smaller males.

Comment

Yeah he's getting there slowly. But he doesn't have the beautiful neck structure. He is almost 2 could that be why?

Comment

The structure doesn't have anything to do with breeding. It sounds like he is just not up to size or maturity. If he doesn't have the structure at his size... he probably never will.
                    He just needs some time to grow. Animals that grow slowly tend to be late bloomers,

Comment

Okay. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X