Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Case of the Disappearing Males (dubia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I lived near you I would take a few of your males off your hands. I have none my last one dies last week. Have trouble with the males and keeping them alive for some reason. I really need to figure out what I am doing wrong

Comment

My 11 month old chameleon fell in his enclosure and now is acting strange is he gonna be okay? Has anyone experienced this?

Comment

If you want more feedback on this I would suggest posting to a different section. If they are acting strangely it may mean that they have damaged themselves--if they are still acting strangely today I'd suggest getting in contact with a reptile vet. If there is one near you you can call and ask to speak to the vet and see if they think it is necessary for you to go in.
        2.0.0 Cats (rescued: domestic med hair, and ragdoll--Podraig, Otemma)
        0.2.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus henkeli (High white Pine Island and Pine Island (x Bayonnaise) )
        1.0.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus leachianus (GTA x Mt Khogis)
        0.2.0 Correlophus ciliatus (yellow flame, halloween harley, Eggs, Bacon)
        1.1.0 Mniarogecko chahoua (Pine Island)

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the oranges. I bought some just for their dining pleasure.

Here's an update--This winter I started feeding the Bug Burger to them again just to see what would happen and to use it up. The males started disappearing again. I stopped the Bug Burger again and added some fresh juveniles, and the problem has resolved itself. Maybe it's just a wonky bag of the product or something, but if you need some dubia birth control, Bug Burger just might do the trick.
          Boston Terrier 1.0, Stetson R.I.P. 8/15/2015.
          Rough Collie (rescued) 1.0, Teddy
          Crested Geckos 9.11.12
          Pine Isle Chahoua 1.0.1 Hunter, Cami
          Leopard Geckos 1.2 Confetti, Snowdrop, & Beauty
          Bearded Dragon 1.0 Jayden

Comment

Lol ty for the tip. I will def keep that in mind. Also I have a male panther multi color that are dubias with no problem but over the last few weeks for some reason I can't get him to eat them at all I have tried everything at least I think. I can only get him to eat super worms I have tried wax and crickets but now bit. Do you have any idea why this would be have you ever had one that decided to be like a finicky cat. I am stressing out with him. I do have 2 panthers but the other one eats everything no problem any advice

Comment

Working...
            X