Help! Male or female?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Male or female?

I am new to owning crested geckos and was wondering of I had a male or a female or is it to young to tell?

And how do I post a picture also new to fourm?

Comment

The visualization if pores and a telltale bulge behind the vent are both positive indicators for male geckos, so it's easier for me to distinguish males. Females are identified by negative findings-no pores, no bulge. I find it harder to be sure. I'd suggest that if the gecko is more than 20g, and pores are present then you can be relatively sure that the gecko is male. How much does your little one weigh?

Adding photos to the forum is accomplished by tapping on the icon with a tree and following the prompts given. Hope this helps.
      4.24.0 Crested Geckos
      0.2.0 Leopard Gecko

FB: Geckos by Design

Comment

I'm not sure how much the gecko weighs but here is a picture of him http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/Tr...3fb18.jpg.html

Comment

Originally posted by savannah blue View Post
          The visualization if pores and a telltale bulge behind the vent are both positive indicators for male geckos, so it's easier for me to distinguish males. Females are identified by negative findings-no pores, no bulge. I find it harder to be sure. I'd suggest that if the gecko is more than 20g, and pores are present then you can be relatively sure that the gecko is male. How much does your little one weigh?

Adding photos to the forum is accomplished by tapping on the icon with a tree and following the prompts given. Hope this helps.
          Thanks for help I'm not sure of the geckos weight or what the pores look like here is a picture from underneath the gecko it is still pretty small http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/Tr...3fb18.jpg.html

Comment

Working...
          X