Counting down the days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counting down the days.

Im really excited my first egg of the season is very soon to hatch. When I candle it I can see the baby gecko inside almost 100% ready inside. The egg is starting to clear up inside and the geckos shape etc gets clearer each day. I can tell its so close to hatching yet nothing yet. This stinker just won't hatch haha. Its at 80 days.

Depending on a lot of specifics it can take over a 100-120 days to hatch! I am at the 83 day mark myself on a first clutch. So painful to wait!!!

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
    1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

Ya im at 88 days and i can only see a sliver of light through the egg. Not barely any movement now looks packed. If you can still see the shape good theres probly a ways to go. I cant make out any parts anymore just a sliver of light through the middle.

Comment

I used to be no light going through but now its getting lighter in the egg were I can see the eyes, legs, tail, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by InventorReptiles View Post
          I used to be no light going through but now its getting lighter in the egg were I can see the eyes, legs, tail, etc.
          Ok, ive yet to see one hatch. Is that usual before hatching.

Comment

What I find is the egg fills up with the embryo, fluid, etc and before it hatches the egg becomes more clearer besides with the gecko as the gecko(s) still have some room in the eggs were light passes through and its able to illuminate the inside of the egg so you can see the gecko within.

Comment

I found a snout sticking out of my egg right into where the goo came out and im afraid its drowned

Comment

Often geckos love to take their time. If your worried you can always take a Q tip and wipe away the goo on the mouth/nose. If its really concerning you could always remove the gecko yourself but its risky as often the geckos like to absorb as much of the remaining yolk as possible and it leaves them with less nutrients than other hatchlings.

Comment

Oh wow, hope things go ok...

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
                  1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

As to not hurt or damage the gecko, instead of cutting or other forms of tearing, you can gently roll the egg in the palm of your hand. Take the egg and put it in the center of your hand, and gently roll the egg with one finger. You can also very gently squeeze the egg from the opposite end the nose is sticking out, just to coax the baby out. These are all forms of encouragement for the baby to come out on its own, but if all else fails, cutting could be an option. But it's your call.
                    Mary Frizzell
                    Check out my Facebook page at "Good Luck Geckos"

Comment

Ugh, tonight is a hands off the geckos night. I managed to get poison ivy on me today.

Comment

Poor thing didnt make it .

Comment

Originally posted by Joshuai View Post
                          Poor thing didnt make it .
                          Oh no! I'm so sorry...
                          Mary Frizzell
                          Check out my Facebook page at "Good Luck Geckos"

Comment

Working...
                          X