Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switching from Repashy to Pangea...What flavor to choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from Repashy to Pangea...What flavor to choose?

Long time no see, guys.

Zen, my crestie, has always been a bit on the small size for his age. He's not stunted by any means, and is pretty filled out, but he just doesn't seem...Big enough. Never has.

He's a good eater, but he rarely finishes off his food entirely. I'm currently feeding him the Peach Repashy. He was previously on the "default" Repashy. He eats both fine, but he's never seemed too enthusiastic about it.

I've recently been looking into Pangea's own food mix and the reviews--'my geckos are cleaning their bowls!' etc.--have me wanting to give it a whirl.

However, I'm concerned that the change in flavor might put off my gecko. I was thinking of going with the default banana/papaya, but since he's so used to the sweet peach flavor, do you think the new watermelon/mango flavor would be a safer bet? He's my only crestie and I'd hate to buy food he won't eat. Tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
    2.1.0 Mixed Cats [Speedy, Ying-Yang, Nyani]
    1.0.0 Crested Gecko [Emperor Zen] {Thank you, Julie!}
    0.0.1 Corn Snake [Lord Penne]
    0.0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa [Sir Byakko]
    R.I.P. Little Ascalon, Queen Rose, and Babykitty.
    Icon: Zen Portrait by my good friend Guggles!

Honestly, it is kind of hard to tell. Each gecko has his or her own tastes. I have a crestie who loooves mango repashy, but won't touch watermelon mango pangea! He seemed to hate banana, but he will only eat a combo of banana papaya mixed with mango repashy. I would get a small size of either flavor, and try it out. Pangea does have a guarantee if your gecko doesn't like the food: "MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
    If your geckos don't eat it, you don't pay for it. Simply ship the unused portion back to us for a full refund of the product price. It is best to offer this diet exclusively for at least 3 feedings before you determine if they like it or not."
    8.7.6.10 Crested Geckos
    1.0.0 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0.1 Axolotls
    3.0.0 African Dwarf Frogs
    1.0.0 Betta
    Thumb Hugger Geckos

Comment

Originally posted by fairytale. View Post
      Honestly, it is kind of hard to tell. Each gecko has his or her own tastes. I have a crestie who loooves mango repashy, but won't touch watermelon mango pangea! He seemed to hate banana, but he will only eat a combo of banana papaya mixed with mango repashy. I would get a small size of either flavor, and try it out. Pangea does have a guarantee if your gecko doesn't like the food: "MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
      If your geckos don't eat it, you don't pay for it. Simply ship the unused portion back to us for a full refund of the product price. It is best to offer this diet exclusively for at least 3 feedings before you determine if they like it or not."
      They can certainly be picky little buggers, can't they? I don't know how I missed that guarantee, but that certainly eases my mind a bit! Thanks for the head's-up!

Comment

i used to feed franklin the original repashy but i had the same problem he wouldnt eat all of the food i then bought the 2 oz size bags of the watermelon/mango and banana/papaya i havent yet tried the banana papaya but i put the watermelon/mango in and he didnt eat i kept putting it in for the week and one morning i came to turn his light on and the food bowl was empty i have been putting it in for about a week and a half and the bowl has been almost completely empty i plan to try the banana next week
        Franklin (crested gecko), Kenya and Moka (Rottweiler crosses), bandit (ferret), whiskers, shadow, fluffy, harley, mark, and irish (cats), 50 gallon tank

Comment

I have best results with the watermelon variety

Comment

I had good results with the watermelon and then when I used the banana/papaya version its like my geckos had never eaten before and they couldn't get enough so as others have stated I feel every gecko can be different.
            Crested Geckos 1.2.1.2 Flash.Echo,KoKo.Excalibur
            rhacodactylus leachianus 0.0.1 Tiki

Comment

Thanks for all the input, guys! I guess I will give the watermelon a try first. I just have a feeling he'll like it more. He's got a bit of a sweet tooth, hehe.

Comment

Working...
              X