Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to buy a leachie, cheapest locale out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy a leachie, cheapest locale out there?

I tried posting in the other thread but they seem dead a lot of the time so I figured I would post it here if you guys don't mind. Well As the title states I'm looking to buy a leachie. I really want one. I don't really want to spend much more than 250$ because that's a little steep for an 18 year old working a next too minimum wage job. What are the cheapest locale of leachie? I really like the nuu ana and there seems to be a plethora of them out there being the most common and I heard they were relatively cheaper due to their size. Is this true? If so would I be able to purchase a pure nuu ana for 250$ or less? Or would it have to be a cross between a nuu ana and another island locale?
    Cresties - 1.1.1

I work minimum wage part time and have bought $1250 snakes this year, you can do it . The cheapest I have seen a Leachie was about $350.
    ------------------------------------
    What? You expected a list?

Comment

Originally posted by Armedxpenguin View Post
      I tried posting in the other thread but they seem dead a lot of the time so I figured I would post it here if you guys don't mind. Well As the title states I'm looking to buy a leachie. I really want one. I don't really want to spend much more than 250$ because that's a little steep for an 18 year old working a next too minimum wage job. What are the cheapest locale of leachie? I really like the nuu ana and there seems to be a plethora of them out there being the most common and I heard they were relatively cheaper due to their size. Is this true? If so would I be able to purchase a pure nuu ana for 250$ or less? Or would it have to be a cross between a nuu ana and another island locale?
      Nuu Ana's are the most "common" locale as there are many many Nuu Ana crosses to other locale's. A high color Nuu Ana is going to cost you just as much as any nice GT (Grand Terra) leachianus. The longevity and relative "rarity" of leachies is what leads to their higher prices. It takes 3+ years for a female to reach breeding size from a hatchling. That is 3 years of housing, cleaning, feeding etc. Then to pair up to a male is much trickier than crestie's in that they bond to one another and a female may very well reject a male for one reason or another. They are amazing creatures, and I would highly suggest either using that $250 as a down payment on something you REALLY love after looking at the different locale's and crosses. You have to think to yourself, "This leachie is gonna be around a long time, I should probably get one that I really want." The cost comes second. It is obviously a factor but most leachie hatchlings cost between $300 - $500, this number goes higher for different lines/high colors but that is a pretty solid average to spend for a very promising little hatchling. I know the extra $200 may seem insurmountable for the time being, but many many breeders are willing to work with you on payment plans etc. Trust me, you aren't going to be happy if you just get "any cheap leachie" and all that went into it was the price tag. If you haven't joined the "Leachianus Group" or "Leachianus Classifieds" on facebook I would highly suggest doing so, awesome examples of all the different locale's as well as their associated price tags! Also you have the luxury of being in Chicago, right next door the NARBC Tinley show where there are always AMAZING leachies to be had! That isn't until Oct. so maybe save up and save on the shipping and get one at the show? That also lets you see them in person and pick your special little guy out!
      Formerly the user mikhail

My IHerp!

Facebook! - https://www.facebook.com/treetopreptiles

Comment

Yeah I always go to narbc. And thanks! I'll talk about down payments and payment plans with the leachie breeders that I've been talking too. Thanks a bunch mate!
        Cresties - 1.1.1

Comment

Down payments and payment plans are good if your a little short on cash. The cheapest leachie's Ive seen was a 200$ unknown locale. Most leachie's start at about 300$. I paid 450$ for my leachie. You will find the cheapest prices at Reptile Expos.

Comment

I picked up an Isle E from Pangea at the March Tinley show for $350. I love her! I highly suggest saving every penny to put it towards NARBC once it rolls around come October!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1779600_10151975152065036_1773357613_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1065440

Comment

Yeah I was thinking of doing a payment plan for a pure bayonnaise leachie. Here's a pic at 320$. It weighs 10 gramsClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1065441
              Cresties - 1.1.1

Comment

Working...
              X