New setup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New setup!

Hey everybody! Just finished my cresties new setup. Its in an 18x18x24 inch exo terra. If you cant tell theres a magnaturals hide at the middle left. Jut wanted to see what people think of it so i can make my crestie happy as possible

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1091590
    1.1.0 Canis familiaris "Kyle" and "Daisy"
    0.0.1 Correlophus (Rhacodactylus) ciliatus "Harpy"

pretty cool looking! I like to add or place a suction cup vine/plant or 2 draped around my feeding ledges to provide security around the food. that way they aren't out in the open and are more likely to feel secure when feeding. That would be my main suggestion.
    3.4.13 crested geckos!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmiles95 View Post
      pretty cool looking! I like to add or place a suction cup vine/plant or 2 draped around my feeding ledges to provide security around the food. that way they aren't out in the open and are more likely to feel secure when feeding. That would be my main suggestion.
      i have another fake plant but the suction sup is weird (im pressing it now so i can use it). its another spikeyish plant like the one below the ledge and he doesnt love to climb on it. could i still put that around? and should i move the one below next to it or should having that wall there be fine (he spends loads of time on the wall)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1065435Click image for larger version

Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1065436

There we go!

Comment

Looks really good. He or she has a jungle.
          Crested geckos 4:5:15
          Chewie. 0:1:1

http://www.facebook.com/cjgeckos

Comment

I bet your kid loves that! So much exploring for them to do!

Comment

yeah he loves it! i just moved his food to the ledge and im not sure if hes located it yet but hes hung out on the ledge, just hasnt eaten. Its only been in there for one feeding though so hes probably fine. Do either of you know if those purply moonglo bulbs affect nighttime activity? it doesnt dilate his eyes but does it disrupt him? ive been using it for a while but i dont hear him hopping around at night (maybe hes just waddling around).

Comment

I myself don't use lights at night or at all. They do fine.

Comment

I don't use lights but I heard colored lights irritate the eyes of beardies but obviously that doesn't necessarily mean it would irritate a crestie just something to consider. Also to make sure my kid found his food when I got a ledge whenever I handled him I made sure to put back into his tank by placing him on the ledge, he caught on to the food pretty soon

Comment

You could regulate a light cycle by opening the blinds to a window an closing them at night this is what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by crgecko View Post
                      You could regulate a light cycle by opening the blinds to a window an closing them at night this is what I do.
                      i leave my blinds open during the day but its dark in the terrarium (plants outside blocking sun and plants inside terrarium blocking sun, so literally dusk all the time, very dim). i use a low wattage, low uv output curly bulb for some light (still some dark places to hide) and then the purple bulb at night

Comment

Ok cool what ever helps or works. I didn't think about plants blocking the sun in all.

Comment

that definitely looks awesome! he/she will find it, I wouldn't worry about that! I really only have 1 gecko that I really hear moving around a lot at night. sub-adult male, and he is very active most nights. others are out moving around a little bit, but nothing like him!
                          3.4.13 crested geckos!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmiles95 View Post
                            that definitely looks awesome! he/she will find it, I wouldn't worry about that! I really only have 1 gecko that I really hear moving around a lot at night. sub-adult male, and he is very active most nights. others are out moving around a little bit, but nothing like him!
                            Yeah i dont hear him as much since i moved him into the large tank a few months ago but hes usually in different places so thts good. Since i changed this every time i check on him hes in a different spot lololol. I watched him with the lights off and he waddled around, no jumping. I also moved the food ledge down because he seems to like the middle zone more (even before i added more stuff he hung out on his old kk).

Comment

Nice looking setup. Mine do fine with just ambient daylight.
                              African Fat Tailed Gecko 0.2 (Hermione, Guinan)
                              Crested Gecko 1.1.3 (Slider, Ripley, Smaug)
                              Guinea Pig 0.2 (Susie & Lucy)
                              Hermit Crab (Auri, Shallan, Thorin, Tuon, Davros & Betty)

Comment

Working...
                              X