Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cgd expiring?

Hello,
    I use the pfmc banana/papaya and i have recently purchased a larger bag than usual to it would last longer. Though i dont know if ill use all of it before it expires. Is the 6 months once its been opened if it stays open or if i seal it too? What exactly happens when it expires?
    1.1.0 Canis familiaris "Kyle" and "Daisy"
    0.0.1 Correlophus (Rhacodactylus) ciliatus "Harpy"

I think if you keep the diet sealed and refrigerated it will last a year.
    1.0.0 Leopard Gecko Dexter
    2.1.1 Fire Bellied Toads Mr. Toad, Wart, Croak & Splosh
    1.1.0 Bearded Dragons Norbert & Saphira
    0.0.1 Crested Gecko Naboo
    0.0.1 Hainan Cave Gecko Voodoo

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia View Post
      I think if you keep the diet sealed and refrigerated it will last a year.
      Even just the dry powder itself?

Comment

The opened bag of dry powder will store for up to a year in the fridge, but I recommend trying to use it before then, as the vitamins can degrade as soon as it's opened. Exposure to air, light, and water will start to break down the nutrients. It's still an ok food - it won't spoil within a year - but the nutrition will be reduced.

Once you mix it with water it should be used within a week or 10 days at most.
        Specializing in Crested Geckos
        Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
        Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
        Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Spyral View Post
          The opened bag of dry powder will store for up to a year in the fridge, but I recommend trying to use it before then, as the vitamins can degrade as soon as it's opened. Exposure to air, light, and water will start to break down the nutrients. It's still an ok food - it won't spoil within a year - but the nutrition will be reduced.

Once you mix it with water it should be used within a week or 10 days at most.
          I use it the night i mix it. i may just start using making a little more food so i use it up. i have also looked at the bfg and clarks diets for a rotation. maybe the pfmc watermelon or apricot. do any of you much more experienced crestie owners have a favourite?

Comment

PFMC watermelon is hands down the favorite in this house, then PFMC banana :-) .
            Crested Geckos 4.6.7.8
            Miniature Dachshunds 0.3.0
            We invite you to visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thecrestedcastle

Comment

It seems that PFMC watermelon is a big hit, but I know people whose cresties won't eat that either. They can be really picky sometimes. I use Watermelon, Repashy Original and Repashy Day Gecko diet. Some like one more than the others but not enough to say one is the overall winner.
              Specializing in Crested Geckos
              Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
              Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
              Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

Working...
              X